Windows 10: Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500

Discus and support Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My canon TR7500 wifi printer has been setup and prints from my windows10 PC however willnot print even a test page from a windows10 laptop in a room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnBryan7, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500

My canon TR7500 wifi printer has been setup and prints from my windows10 PC however willnot print even a test page from a windows10 laptop in a room through the wall. Signal strength is strong. I have downloaded drivers for the canon TR7500. The printer is on a shared network. Any thoughts appreciated.

:)

JohnBryan7, Jun 1, 2020

2. Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Canon printer wifi trouble

yeah printers can be a bitch.i dont know if your on windows, or linux, or what else, but win 10 has many issues regarding printers, IME.
    A printer SHOULD be able to go into off mode, and Still be accessed by the devices that try to send print jobs to it, mine did on win7, but its been a pain in the ass since the windows 10 "downgrade".
    I recommend usb connecting if at all possible, it was the only way i got my HP to act "right", i tried wifi, usb to the the router, and finally usb to my main PC, the latter was the only permanent solution.the former being just a waste of time.

good luck, and welcome to TPU, please fill out your "system specs", to further assist others in the future by saving time by avoiding questions.

jboydgolfer, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500

Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

Thanks for your comments, Paul.

It sounds like we have the same problem.

I have tried all the steps that you describe and, as you say, it's okay for a while then defaults to printing only to FAX again. Reinstalling the MP drivers restores the printer to normal operation but up to now it's defaulted to FAX after a few days.

Igor and Pat have also suggested approaches and I#m following these up as well. Currently I've reinstalled the MP drivers and each day I print a test page. Previously this defaulted to FAX after a day or so but so far it's been okay for a few days.

The system default printer is set to the Canon 7550.

I'm also suspecting some sort of Windows default action that's directing printed to the FAX function. I have checked the default printer as I understand it and there are two options, "Canon TR7500 series" and "Canon TR7500 series FAX " .

Both point to location http://192.168.1.105:80/wsd/pnpx-metadata.cgi

When the printer is printing ONLY to FAX selecting either printer entry causes the printer to print to fax without any intermediate steps but if I select Fax it presents a dialog requesting fax destination first.

It's interesting that you can print from your tablet without problems. I'll see if I can set that up as well and let you know what happens.

Thank you everyone for your help !

Froschling, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500

1. Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500 - Similar Threads - Wifi printing issues

2. canon printer black color not printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    canon printer black color not printing: canon printer the black color not printing, the ink is on good level I have tried cleaning the check the nozzle that it might clogged still the color black is not printing, was it possible for me to change the new cartridge? thank you...
  3. canon printer black color not printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    canon printer black color not printing: canon printer the black color not printing, the ink is on good level I have tried cleaning the check the nozzle that it might clogged still the color black is not printing, was it possible for me to change the new cartridge? thank you...
  4. An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.: Hello,Every time I reboot the computer, it says the print spooler service isn't running, so I need to Troubleshoot the printer, and windows would find and fix the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  5. An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.: Hello,Every time I reboot the computer, it says the print spooler service isn't running, so I need to Troubleshoot the printer, and windows would find and fix the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  6. Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer: Can't even print the Test Page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issues-with-canon-mf4350d-printer/c64c6d2d-0db8-414c-b478-fdf08843b66a
  7. Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer

Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer: Need help. Having issue to print document on Canon MF4350d printer, keep getting error. This started earlier today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issues-with-canon-mf4350d-printer/ae208a13-cb61-4584-9d2a-53434d79f3fa
  8. Canon printer not printing photos properly

Canon printer not printing photos properly: My printer will only print part of a photograph. I am told that it might be a problem arising from the March Microsoft Security Update. Other than removing the Update has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution/ Will Microsoft issue a patch soon? I understand...
  9. canon printer issue

canon printer issue: My printer says it is in use by another computer whenever I submit a print request, but there are no other computers connected to it and it is currently idle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-issue/a909966a-aa23-486a-aefe-ecf07a339c31
  10. Issues with Canon printer drivers

Issues with Canon printer drivers: I've been trying to add a Canon MX492 printer but there appears to be an issue with installing the drivers. I was on the phone with Canon support for an hour to uninstall/reinstall the drivers yet still get an error message that there is an issue. Canon said it's not their...