Windows 10: Wifi priority over ethernet, problem with saving settings.

Discus and support Wifi priority over ethernet, problem with saving settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi 10 Forums ! I have a kind of big problem with 10 Pro. My problem was "ok" in 8/8.1 Pro. As title says, I would like to give WiFi priority over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kleksiq, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Kleksiq Win User

Wifi priority over ethernet, problem with saving settings.

Hi 10 Forums !

I have a kind of big problem with 10 Pro. My problem was "ok" in 8/8.1 Pro.
    As title says, I would like to give WiFi priority over ethernet. Why ? You may ask, I'm using laptop as a hyper-v machine ( prepare migrations from 2003/2008 to 2012 and others IT Admin things ). I know where to change prority but.
    Settings aren't saved. Even after setting WiFi on top of ladder, after going to the settings again it's 3'rd.
    That way I have no internet connection because of my VM Networks and their DNS settings.
    Anyone had similar problem ?

~ Kleks

:)

Kleksiq, Oct 29, 2015
  2. Saikat22 Win User

Unable to give the Ethernet as Higher Priority Over WiFi Connection In Windows 10.

I want to give the Ethernet as higher priority then wifi but i unable to do so, whenever i set the priority it does not save the priority.

Wifi priority over ethernet, problem with saving settings. [​IMG]

It shows always the same. How can i resolve this one.

Saikat22, Oct 29, 2015
  3. PhongDo Win User
    Wifi connection always have higher priority than Ethernet no matter what I do.

I have an Alienware Laptop which use Killer Wireless 1525 and Ethernet E2200 run on Windows 10 Pro.

I connect to my company wifi and have ethernet cable at my desk. When I'm moving out of my desk, the wifi connection is needed. So my laptop always connect to wifi and ethernet at the same times.

The problems is when far away from wifi, my laptop is always trying to use wifi instead of ethernet to access internet which is very slow. I tried to do the metric method to make ethernet have higher priority over wifi when there is 2 connections at the
    same times. But it is not gonna work. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

P/S: OK, I just found out the reason. The Killer Network suite take over the priority control. SO that is the problems, I just need to uncheck Killer Bandwidth Control inside Each interface status properties when connected.

PhongDo, Oct 29, 2015
  4. shangtti Win User

Hi I have just come across this problem, did you manage to resolve this, I've tried changing priorities in advance settings and changing metrics but nothing seems to work.

Thanks

shangtti, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Wifi priority over ethernet, problem with saving settings. - Similar Threads - Wifi priority ethernet

2. network adapter can save priority setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter can save priority setting.: I change my Ethernet priority to 9999 and Wifi priority to 1. it still take me to use ethernet connections. I want to use Wifi connections even my pc plug directly to wired connection....
  3. network adapter can save priority setting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network adapter can save priority setting.: I change my Ethernet priority to 9999 and Wifi priority to 1. it still take me to use ethernet connections. I want to use Wifi connections even my pc plug directly to wired connection....
  4. network adapter can save priority setting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I give the Ethernet icon in the taskbar priority over the WiFi icon?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I give the Ethernet icon in the taskbar priority over the WiFi icon?: It used to be that when I had the computer connected to an ethernet cable, the ethernet icon would display in the taskbar regardless of whether the WiFi was connected or not. It would look like this: [ATTACH] However, now when I have the ethernet cable plugged in, and the...
  6. ethernet / wifi problem

ethernet / wifi problem: Thinkpad laptop with win10. Since the last update laptop boots to wifi connection, how do I get it back to the ethernet on booting? 154395
  7. ethernet / wifi problem

in Windows 10 Support
    ethernet / wifi problem: Thinkpad laptop with win10. Since the last update laptop boots to wifi connection, how do I get it back to the ethernet on booting? 154395
  8. Wifi and ethernet problems

Wifi and ethernet problems: I am trying to connect to the internet after the update and it's me that the ethernet isnt working, I am trying to turn on wifi to see if it's just ether net or my computer but I dont have an option for wifi any where [IMG]...
  9. update problem and set priority

in Windows 10 Support
    update problem and set priority: just trying to get basic updates not Nvidia or other huge updates just security is there any way to prioritize what i want, download time is the factor. [img] 77765
  10. WIFI or Ethernet Priority?

WIFI or Ethernet Priority?: Hello, So I've got a simple question really when a laptop is connected to a WIFI network then a Ethernet connection is plugged in which one will it use as priority? 36919