Windows 10: WIFI problem after Windows update Installed

Discus and support WIFI problem after Windows update Installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Netgear WNA3100 USB wifi to connect to my router. Today WIndows update installed KB4493509 and when windows started the wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crispy136, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Crispy136 Win User

WIFI problem after Windows update Installed

Hi, I am using a Netgear WNA3100 USB wifi to connect to my router. Today WIndows update installed KB4493509 and when windows started the wifi authentication now fails when trying to connect to my router. After unstalling KB4493509, the wifi connects without any issue. So obviously the latest update caused the problem. How can I fix this so windows can apply the update?

:)

Crispy136, Apr 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 28, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. WIFI problem after Windows update Installed - Similar Threads - WIFI problem update

2. Problem after installing updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem after installing updates: Installed driver update software. Laptop then wouldn't restart. The best I could do was attempt a windows reset. Seemed to be going through the motion ok but now I keep getting this message and I can't do anything else....
  3. Problem after installing updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem after installing updates: Installed driver update software. Laptop then wouldn't restart. The best I could do was attempt a windows reset. Seemed to be going through the motion ok but now I keep getting this message and I can't do anything else....
  4. Wifi problem after Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi problem after Windows 11 22H2 update: Can't connect to my home's wifi after Windows 11 22H2 update yesterday, it works fine in my other devices phone/tab. I only can connect to the internet. I have seen some previous forums with the same problem and tried the solution from it and some tips from tech site, but my...
  5. Wifi problem after Windows 11 22H2 update

Wifi problem after Windows 11 22H2 update: Can't connect to my home's wifi after Windows 11 22H2 update yesterday, it works fine in my other devices phone/tab. I only can connect to the internet. I have seen some previous forums with the same problem and tried the solution from it and some tips from tech site, but my...
  6. Sound problem after installing Windows update

Sound problem after installing Windows update: Hello everyone, I was wondering why I encounter sound problems sound becomes very "shallow" and weird after I update to version 21H1. It also happens on 20H2, when I install KB5007186 update.After I roll-back an update everything comes back to normal.I tried installing these...
  7. Problem with wifi connection after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with wifi connection after update: [ATTACH] Hello everyone!, After de installation of the 20H2 update of windows 10 I'm having a problem with the wi-fi connection, basically I can't connect to any network and it says "Checking Network Requirements" and then it just stop the connection. I tried in other...
  8. Wifi connection problem after program updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection problem after program updating: Hello! I'm using HP laptop, and today, I've experienced a Wifi problem several times. I'm not sure if the problem is related to Window system update which I did this morning or an update from HP Support Assistant which I did last night. However, my computer is...
  9. Problem with wifi driver after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with wifi driver after update: It is wifi 5G driver that is missing after Windows 10 update. I hope you can help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wifi-driver-after-update/697e6d63-65eb-47a8-911c-5706967ee1a6
  10. Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent WiFi problems after Windows update: Hello I have encountered Wi-Fi connectivity issues on my Windows 10 laptop since mid-October 2019. I think some updates were installed then (automatically). Every few seconds, the laptop loses Internet connectivity. Other devices on the same Wi-Fi network work well. I tried...