Windows 10: wifi problem slow

Discus and support wifi problem slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop is just a month old and my wifi driver keeps working fine but now a days i have noticed that my the wifi speed and lan speed i am getting is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SagnikBanik, Aug 27, 2021.

1. wifi problem slow

my laptop is just a month old and my wifi driver keeps working fine but now a days i have noticed that my the wifi speed and lan speed i am getting is quite slow means i have a connection of 150 mbps mega bits but i get only 10 to 15 mbpsmega bits i have also tried to reset the driver also after resetmy wifi and lan were working fine but again after some hours the speed drops to 10 to 15 mbps while my other devices are having 150 mbps speed and as per my knowledge and experience it not a network issue its either a driver issue or else windows 10 issue soplease help me out to solve this iss

:)

SagnikBanik, Aug 27, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Bob338 Win User

wifi problem slow

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

wifi problem slow

1. wifi problem slow - Similar Threads - wifi problem slow

2. slow wifi broadband

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow wifi broadband: I am running windows 10 Home on PC and Ubuntu 20.04 on laptop. On the PC I get less than 1mbps download in ookla speed test and constant buffering. But in Ubuntu I get up to 40mbps. I had Ubuntu on the PC with 40MBPS but after installing window10 home it dropped to below...
  3. slow wifi broadband

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow wifi broadband: I am running windows 10 Home on PC and Ubuntu 20.04 on laptop. On the PC I get less than 1mbps download in ookla speed test and constant buffering. But in Ubuntu I get up to 40mbps. I had Ubuntu on the PC with 40MBPS but after installing window10 home it dropped to below...
  4. Slow WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow WIFI: Hey. So my family and I are all on the same network, yet my wifi is signifigantly slower than theirs. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wifi/d3610895-c7a7-4996-a0a1-99ec77290af8
  5. slow wifi

slow wifi: Why is my wifi speed so slow after updating to windows 10 Home? Ethernet speeds are great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wifi/572c37e1-7ab6-47ce-b619-3faf26638073
  6. Slow Wifi speed.

Slow Wifi speed.: Hi my name is Siebe i have a problem on my notebook: When i try to load a page in any browser it takes super long and this is been going on for soo long. When i go to taskmanager and look at my wifi speed it goes from 0 speed to .... speed and it stops at 0 for like 10...
  7. Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem: I am using a Windows 10 (Build 1803) machine (an Asus S510UQ, around 1.5 years old), configuration is as follows: Intel Core I5 8250U 16 gigs of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (8+8 GB) 2 GB Nvidia 940mx graphics + Intel UHD Graphics 620 128 GB Nvme M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA HDD There are...
  8. Slow Wifi

Slow Wifi: Wifi is running very slow and limited only on windows 10. On other devices (Android & Ubuntu), internet is really good. On windows 10 it runs too slow. Download speed is horrible and sometimes it stops. Download speed is like 10KB while on android devices speed runs as much...
  9. Slow WiFi

Slow WiFi: Ever since I installed Windows 10 home version 1903 . I've had WiFi problems. Downloads are slow and pausing and videos are jerky and pausing. I hooked up my ethernet cable to my router and computer and everything works perfectly. Right now I have my ethernet cable laying...
  10. Slow WiFi

Slow WiFi: Ever since I installed Windows 10 home version 1809 build 17763.55, I've had WiFi problems. Downloads are slow and pausing and videos are jerky and pausing (I guess rebuffering)… I hooked up my ethernet cable to my router and computer and everything works perfectly. So...