Windows 10: Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections

Discus and support Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a Asus laptop G751JT, second hand from a friend and it works perfectly in every respect. The wifi in the beginning too worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tyler97, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Tyler97 Win User

Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections

I recently bought a Asus laptop G751JT, second hand from a friend and it works perfectly in every respect. The wifi in the beginning too worked absolutely perfectly but then all of a sudden it stopped. So the problem is that the wifi adapter is the Intel AC 7260, and it seems to now have a very short connectivity range and if I'm searching for networks they have to be close and even when they are close the bars that show signal strength remain on one bar. That's one problem. Further that if I do eventually connect to a wifi, the connection will be highly unstable and connect and disconnect frequently and sometimes just say can't connect. When it eventually connects the speed of the wifi is so slow its almost unusable for the most part. It started by having high ping in games and sudden connectivity loss and overall slow speed. Another problem is that download speed is so slow. If i connect another laptop to the same wifi the speed is fine. The way it seems is as though something is continually using the wifi in the background the the speed is hindered or restricted.

So overall it seems that the problem is that the wifi connection is terrible or something is restricting wifi speed and connectivity. I have done a lot of research and cant seem to find the same issue. I tried to use a TP link wifi adapter which worked until i turned off the laptop and turned it back on then the adapter too, had exactly the same issue. If i use a lan cable the connection works and speed is fine etc so the lan connection works with the same router. I once got the wifi to work properly for a bit once by deleting the driver netwfw02.dat and replacing it with an intel driver netwfw02.dat without going through the driver install process but by copying it manually. This seemed to help until I restart the laptop. The driver itself says its not digitally signed if I install the network driver from Intel's Website. So I font know if it has something to do with how windows installs the network driver if a virus or registry command edits or changes the driver as it installs. I have done many Windows Resets to try fix it and Network resets to fix it all didn't work. Also wifi adapters work until i reset my laptop then they have the exact same issue. Its as though the wifi adapters work until something changes if thast even possible. I have run virus scans from many different programs and antivirus including Microsoft malicious scanner in safe mode. I have done boot time scans and nothing comes up. A complete reinstall of the wifi ac 7920 while in windows doesn't fix the issue unless i delete the netwfw02.dat file then i have poor connectivity to wifi but the speed when connected is fine.

Sorry its so long and probably confusing but the problem has baffled me as i dont even know where to begin the fixing process and I have tried many things none of which seem to have effect. Please let me know if you need anything from my side to help or further explanation. And i don't know if this has anything to do with it but if i install other drivers like a gaming mouse driver the AC7920 stops working and the device manager shows a exclamation in a yellow triangle next to it. I would assume those drivers have nothing to do with each other, and if I install Bitdefender i get a BSOD every 5-10mins and by searching the code it says its an issue with the network drivers or drivers. But with avg,avast or McAfee this doesn't happen. Could my entire windows installation with regard to driver installation be corrupt.

:)

Tyler97, Aug 26, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 27, 2018
  3. TAU
    Tau Win User
    Multiple network/dsl connections??

You could connect to multiple networks and use each network for a seperate task, though there would be a fair bit of setup involved.... but it would pay off (my prototypign box is setup on 3 networks *Smile Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections :)

4. brummyfan Win User

Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi,
    Go to Network sharing centre, click Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi and disable it, reboot and enable it, might work. If you still find it difficult to get the connection working, let us know the Wi-Fi card make and the driver you have at the moment.

brummyfan, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections - Similar Threads - Wifi Problems connecting

2. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  3. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  4. WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network: I have a HP Elitebook 840 G6 which I didn't use for about 6 months. When I recently powered it back on, it recognized all WIFI connections as 'secured', but refused to connect to any of them. After going through the process to connect incl entering password etc, it says...
  5. WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network: I have a HP Elitebook 840 G6 which I didn't use for about 6 months. When I recently powered it back on, it recognized all WIFI connections as 'secured', but refused to connect to any of them. After going through the process to connect incl entering password etc, it says...
  6. WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network

7. Wifi network connection range problem

Wifi network connection range problem: My laptop was working just fine till yesterday. Suddenly, I lost the connectivity to my wifi from my office desk in my room and had to come and sit near the router in order to get the connectivity back. The connection weakens with every step I move away from the router and...
  8. Problem in staying connected to a Wifi network

Problem in staying connected to a Wifi network: Hello, I need help with the the issue I am facing consistently. I am not able to keep my device Acer Swift 3 connected to my home WIFI network. It keeps getting disconnected after a restart or being idle for a few mins. It is taking a lot of hard work to connect it again....
  9. Connectivity problems on public wifi network

Connectivity problems on public wifi network: Hello, every time I attempt to connect to a specific Starbucks open wifi network it connects, but blocks all websites thereafter, including trusted sites like google, facebook etc. The error says there is an untrusted certificate for the site and won't allow it to go any...
  10. Slow to connect to Network from"sleep"

Slow to connect to Network from"sleep": I have a desktop running Win 10 build 10122 and all updates. This is a triple boot system: 1. SSD with Win 7 HO 64 bit 2. SSD with Win 8.1 pro 3. SSD with Win 10 Intel #82579V Gigabit Network Connection adapter with driver: 3/20/15 # 12.12.50.6. Adapter settings under...