Windows 10: WiFi Problems on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support WiFi Problems on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop (a Toshiba Satellite running Windows 10, version1809) has recently been having problems connecting to wifi. It either cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [:, Jan 3, 2019.

1. [:
    [: Win User

WiFi Problems on Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

My laptop (a Toshiba Satellite running Windows 10, version1809) has recently been having problems connecting to wifi. It either cannot find networks that are definitely in range, or, if it can, the signal is often very, very poor (where the signal should be plenty strong). None of my family's devices are having this problem, and my laptop did not use to have this problem before.

I took my laptop to a Staples, where they did a diagnostic and found no issues related to wifi. I also uninstalled a Cisco VPN program. (I really didn't need it, and I wanted to see if it would help, but it did not.)

All I can guess now is that some update I did messed something up. I have been reading that other people have also been having some problems on Windows. I read some of the solutions, but most are very advanced and I am not sure which was the right one. I could really use some guidance. Any issues Staples found were addressed and fixed, and this computer is too new for things to be failing. I need it for work, and I need to be able to rely on it. If someone can walk me through some sort of fix and get everything back in order, then all I can say is God bless you, you are an amazing human being.

Thanks,

[:

:)

2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. WiFi Problems on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - WiFi Problems laptop

2. my laptop wifi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop wifi problem: When I open the laptop it connects normally to the WiFi but after I open an app on the laptop the wifi suddenly disconnects and when I try to connect it back it says can't connect to this network then after some time it stops detecting networks all in all to fix this I just...
  3. my laptop wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop wifi problem: When I open the laptop it connects normally to the WiFi but after I open an app on the laptop the wifi suddenly disconnects and when I try to connect it back it says can't connect to this network then after some time it stops detecting networks all in all to fix this I just...
  4. Constant WiFi problems with laptop

Constant WiFi problems with laptop: The WiFi problems that I am having with my laptop are as follow:1. The WiFi will suddenly disconnect with no prior warning whatsoever2. I will suddenly lose connection even though it still shows that I am connected to the internet and everyone else in my household is tooAs I...
  5. Constant WiFi problems with laptop

Constant WiFi problems with laptop: The WiFi problems that I am having with my laptop are as follow:1. The WiFi will suddenly disconnect with no prior warning whatsoever2. I will suddenly lose connection even though it still shows that I am connected to the internet and everyone else in my household is tooAs I...
  6. Constant WiFi problems with laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 11 Laptop Wifi Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop Wifi Problem: Hello,I have Lenovo laptop with Ryzen processor, and I had upgraded Laptop to Windows 11.After that, My wifi internet ONLY in my laptop works weird.It frequently breaks up the connection for 2~5 seconds, then come back for 5~10 seconds, and it breaks up again.It makes Zoom...
  8. Windows 11 Laptop Wifi Problem

Windows 11 Laptop Wifi Problem: Hello,I have Lenovo laptop with Ryzen processor, and I had upgraded Laptop to Windows 11.After that, My wifi internet ONLY in my laptop works weird.It frequently breaks up the connection for 2~5 seconds, then come back for 5~10 seconds, and it breaks up again.It makes Zoom...
  9. Laptop Wifi Problem

Laptop Wifi Problem: Hello, My laptop has this problem, where the wifi suddenly dissapears/disconnects when I start playing normal Computergames, for example League of Legends or Roblox. The no wifi icon pops up and when i click on it, i can only turn flight mode off or on, but cannot turn wifi...
  10. Wifi Connection problem in Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Wifi Connection problem in Windows 10 Dell Laptop: HI Wifi Connection problem in Windows 10 laptop. in-order to get back my connection, i need to reset network adapter and restart my laptop. Nowadays doing it everyday. Have done few fixes from internet...nothing is working out. looking for permanent fix. Kindly advise....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 version1809 can not find wireless adapter

2. wifi login issue in laptop

3. iphone wifi problem windows