Windows 10: Wifi Properties not working

Discus and support Wifi Properties not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my computer is constantly erasing the wifi configurations all the passwords are forgotten, this happens whenever my computer goes to sleep or I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lil-banana, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Wifi Properties not working

Hi, my computer is constantly erasing the wifi configurations all the passwords are forgotten, this happens whenever my computer goes to sleep or I reboot it.
    When I try to go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi and I click in the network I am using, the Settings window closes unexpectedly.

And when I open Settings > Network & Internet > Status and I clickChange connection properties, the menu only shows me IP settings.

:)

lil-banana, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

WiFi Connection

We suggest that you try the steps provided below and see if it will work:

• Navigate to Device Manager in Control Panel.
    • Locate the wireless adapter in the list.
    • Highlight the device in the listing.
    • Right click.
    • Select Properties then Power Management.
    • Uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device."
    • Click Ok.
    • Reboot.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Wifi Properties not working

Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Properties not working

1. Wifi Properties not working - Similar Threads - Wifi Properties working

2. Problems with WiFi adapter even in hardware and connection properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with WiFi adapter even in hardware and connection properties: The laptop I have is ASUS TUF A17. Suddenly the wifi adapter in my laptop went missing. I tried every possible solution on internet, whether it be network reset or even system restore, nothing worked. I was on windows 10 so I decided to update to windows 11. I did thatthrough...
  3. Problems with WiFi adapter even in hardware and connection properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with WiFi adapter even in hardware and connection properties: The laptop I have is ASUS TUF A17. Suddenly the wifi adapter in my laptop went missing. I tried every possible solution on internet, whether it be network reset or even system restore, nothing worked. I was on windows 10 so I decided to update to windows 11. I did thatthrough...
  4. Tag Property Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tag Property Does Not Work: Right-clicking a file and clicking properties does not show a tags option in the details tab. The details pane is visible, but the tags option is not. Even right-clicking a file and clicking properties does not show a tags option in the details tab. This has happened with all...
  5. Properties not working as intended.

Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....
  6. No icons and properties not working

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons and properties not working: Hi all, I have a problem where no icons show anywhere throughout the system, I get no thumbnails from pictures, videos etc. Icons only appear on my Stardock Object Dock on the bottom of the screen and in the Taskbar Notification area I get flashes of what look like black and...
  7. No sharing tab in wifi properties.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sharing tab in wifi properties.: Hey I'm having issues with my network adapter properties where I can't see my sharing tab. I'm on a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 which was in S mode but I uninstalled it with the Microsoft store app that does it for you. I don't know if that will help or not. Here is my directions to...
  8. wifi adaptor properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi adaptor properties: how do I change the properties on my qualcom Atheros AR946x to the AdHoc 802.11n so i can use the 5g band on my router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adaptor-properties/4581968d-06fc-4820-b57f-19d251a25c84
  9. Missing Share Tab under WiFi Properties

Missing Share Tab under WiFi Properties: There is no sharing under the wifi property i need. I need to set up a hotspot for my computer. Under Ethernet there is a sharing option, but I want that option underneath Wifi and not Ethernet[ATTACH]...
  10. File properties not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties not working: OK, so I open up "file properties" and I want to change the program that opens a particular file type when I double click it. Windows 10 won't let me do this. None of the buttons work - the "Change" or the "advanced". I can change tabs, but I cannot change the default...