Windows 10: wifi randomly disabling

Discus and support wifi randomly disabling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; using laptop irrelevant and my wifi device randomly disables itself. if i try to reconnect immediately, it can't connect to the router. no further... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by irrelevantname, Jan 9, 2021.

1. wifi randomly disabling

using laptop irrelevant and my wifi device randomly disables itself. if i try to reconnect immediately, it can't connect to the router. no further error messages or any output is available. issue is inconsistent as well. more or less randomly hitting "idle".

i tried to monitor the device error output via event viewer. there's no valuable output to "debug" the issue tho. i can verify it's not a reception or router issue. LoS radio to router is 1.5 meters distance.

sys info: windoze version 2004 OS Build 19041.685 installed on 11/11 2020. issue randomly occurs since then.

my guess is it's false detecting idleness / afk / no keypresses or whatever activity this system monitors. problem is i set it up in the power options to maximum performance. it should not try to idle detect or change it's power state or mess with it at all.

advice appreaciated. should i update to 20H2? is it fixed in there? i doubt it. every update some random code break my system further. gg Mc Shitcode. not sorry to say that. yep

tia

:)

irrelevantname, Jan 9, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

Hi there

This method often works

1) in Settings switch WI-FI OFF
    2) in control panel (still works !! --right mouse click on start button -->hardware--devices--network_adapters -- select DISABLE.
    3) (Optional step but it's better to do it) - re-boot computer
    4) Back to control panel now RE-ENABLE the wifi adapter
    5) back to settings - set wifi switch to ON

Now you should see a list of local Wi-Fi networks including yours
    6) Connect.

Ensure also you haven't got anything near your laptop which could interfere with Wifi signal such as microwave ovens, TV senders etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Wifi completely disabled

Hi Ben,

It seems that your wireless card may have been disabled or could be uninstalled. To help sort out this issue, I suggest that you restart your laptop first. Once the laptop is back on, check if your WiFi is reconnected. If not, check your laptop's Device
    Manager and see if the wireless card is detected. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters and look for your WiFi adapter.
    • If it's there, right-click it and click Properties.
    • Check the Device status.

If the device status shows that the device is working properly, then check if the Airplane mode on your laptop is turned on. Just press the
    Windows key + A to open Action Center. If it's on, then turn it off and see if WiFi is working.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 9, 2021
  4. wifi randomly disabling

Windows randomly disconnects WiFi

Hello,

After installing 1903 update, my wifi randomly disconnects. I've to disconnect and reconnect wifi to make it work again.

Can anyone suggest some tips to solve this issue?

SourabhMhaisekar, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

wifi randomly disabling

1. wifi randomly disabling - Similar Threads - wifi randomly disabling

2. Antivirus Disabled Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus Disabled Randomly: I have multiple antiviruses such as Mcaffee [currently disabled] and Malwarebytes Premium TrialI got a notification from my Windows Defender saying all my antiviruses were disabled, I ran my Full Scan and I'm running the configured scan with Malwarebytes.I have multiple...
  3. Antivirus Disabled Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus Disabled Randomly: I have multiple antiviruses such as Mcaffee [currently disabled] and Malwarebytes Premium TrialI got a notification from my Windows Defender saying all my antiviruses were disabled, I ran my Full Scan and I'm running the configured scan with Malwarebytes.I have multiple...
  4. Wifi Keeps disabling

Wifi Keeps disabling: My wifi after every 2 minute’s keeps disabling Need to enable it every timeSometime it doesn’t even show the wifi adaptor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-disabling/1b7556dd-f0b1-447f-aff1-b63d9c0ef804
  5. Wifi keeps disabling

Wifi keeps disabling: I've been using Windows 10 for awhile now, but I've keep coming across the same issue. I'll won't use my laptopAcer Aspire 3 for a little while or randomly the wifi will disable itself. I've troubleshooted the network, reset my network drivers, and check the drivers for any...
  6. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  7. Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager

Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager: I will be using WiFi and suddenly it's gone. I'm using a Realtek 8812AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC. Windows does something and the NIC is disabled in settings and if I am able to access settings enabling the device fails. Other times I can't access settings at all. In...
  8. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently: My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't use this...
  9. disable random addresses for my wifi adapter through registry entry

disable random addresses for my wifi adapter through registry entry: Hi, I want to disable random addresses for my wifi adapter from the registry entry. I have tried modifying the RandomMacState in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\Interfaces\{C310FC3F-372B-419D-A620-58CD3CDB3481}" to 00000000 but its still changing MAC address...
  10. WiFi adapter randomly disables

WiFi adapter randomly disables: Hello there, A problem that has been really annoying me for a while now, is as the title says, my WiFi adapter disables at random times, then enables. Then it can't find any networks, then it does and I have to manually connect again. This first happened suddenly, during a...