Windows 10: Wifi Randomly Slows Down

Discus and support Wifi Randomly Slows Down in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have full bars and yet every once in a while my wifi slows down for hours at a time. One minute I'm streaming games then suddenly I can't even pull... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Starwind Amada, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Wifi Randomly Slows Down

I have full bars and yet every once in a while my wifi slows down for hours at a time. One minute I'm streaming games then suddenly I can't even pull up my email without having to wait 2 minutes forTEXT to load. I have Windows 10 64-bit. That's all I know. I know nothing about how wifi works or what brand my router is. None of it belongs to me and I have no access to the router. Please help.

:)

Starwind Amada, Sep 13, 2020
  2. ruff0r Win User

Why is my wifi slow?

Crowded look which channels are populated the most.

If you have a mobile phone you can use an app called Wifi Analyzer it list you all networks and channels otherwise your router does that as well in the config menu.

If all of those option are not available for you try changing the channel randomly in your router wifi setup

ruff0r, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Wifi Randomly Slows Down

Windows randomly disconnects WiFi

Hello,

After installing 1903 update, my wifi randomly disconnects. I've to disconnect and reconnect wifi to make it work again.

Can anyone suggest some tips to solve this issue?

SourabhMhaisekar, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Randomly Slows Down

1. Wifi Randomly Slows Down - Similar Threads - Wifi Randomly Slows

2. Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wifi Interrupting and Slowing down.: I installed a new hard drive for my pc and installed windows 10 on it and now my wifi is unbearably slow and I can’t download or upload anything. It says my upload speed is 397 mbps and my download speed is 392 mbps which is fast but all my downloads go for a little while and...
  3. How to fix PC randomly slowing down?

How to fix PC randomly slowing down?: My pc will randomly start lagging to the point where it takes several seconds for file explorer to pop up with no other programs running. It feels that I’ve tried everything from repairing corrupt files to memory diagnostics, clean booting, updating drivers, updating windows...
  4. Wifi slows down randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi slows down randomly: This has been going on for quite some time now but recently it’s gotten worse. What happens is my download speed will randomly drop to 2-20 mbps sometimes even less than a megabit and stay there. The thing is though is once I go to network adapters and disable the Wi-Fi...
  5. Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down

Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard, Gigabyte Lan using cat8 cable; connector shows Gigabyte connected speed to netgear GS308E 8 port switch latest firmware also highest rated speed, have run speed test with windows 10 app and online in Chrome, the first test shows my rated...
  6. Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gigabyte Lan connection randomly slowing down: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard, Gigabyte Lan using cat8 cable; connector shows Gigabyte connected speed to netgear GS308E 8 port switch latest firmware also highest rated speed, have run speed test with windows 10 app and online in Chrome, the first test shows my rated...
  7. SUDDEN SLOW DOWN AND RANDOM BLACK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SUDDEN SLOW DOWN AND RANDOM BLACK SCREEN: i HAVE A HP LAPTOP AND SUDDENLY THERE IS A DELAY IN FINDING MY CURSOR AND TYPING. i ALSO WAS GETTING RANDOM BLACK SCREEN iI HAVE RUN VIRUS AND MALWARE AND NOTHING WAS FOUND. THIS SEEMED TO BEGIN WHEN i DECLINED WINDOW 11...
  8. Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem: I am using a Windows 10 (Build 1803) machine (an Asus S510UQ, around 1.5 years old), configuration is as follows: Intel Core I5 8250U 16 gigs of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (8+8 GB) 2 GB Nvidia 940mx graphics + Intel UHD Graphics 620 128 GB Nvme M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA HDD There are...
  9. Computer randomly slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly slowing down: Yesterday, at one point, my Internet connection suddenly became extremely slow, to the point where I was unable to load any pages in Chrome. A few minutes later, the issue resolved itself. I saw in Task Manager that System was using a significant percentage of the CPU during...
  10. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...