Windows 10: Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

Discus and support Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every day or two, the internet will randomly stop working. It still works on my phone so I know it's my computer. The troubleshooter doesn't help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DolanBlozvich, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

Every day or two, the internet will randomly stop working. It still works on my phone so I know it's my computer. The troubleshooter doesn't help because wifi no longer appears as an option. The 5g network I was connected to disappears from the list of available networks and only the 2.4g one is available, but it is stuck on "connecting". also, there's a copy of that network now for some reason with a 2 at the endThe only way I can fix it is by doing a network reset in the settings, but the normal window that pops up saying the computer will restart in 5 minutes doesn't appear. At this point

:)

DolanBlozvich, Jun 16, 2022
  2. TS-11 Win User

Wifi stops working randomly

Hi,

My wifi stops working randomly as of lately even though I am connected and the internet is working. Other machines, phones and tablet that I have keep working. This is extremely annoying. Only solution is to restart the laptop. Need to do this 2-3 times
    a day. Other solutions suggested by community do not work!

Any help please?

Thanks.

T

TS-11, Jun 16, 2022
  3. jcloversX Win User
    My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been acting up. Sometimes it last 3 to 4 days before it quits working.1. Sometimes this is what I do to get it to work. Device Manger>Right click on Network Adapter> Pulldown menu option Disable this this device. Right-click on Network Adapter>Pulldown menu option and chose Enable this device. Wifi begins to work again for a random period of time. It varies. Eventually it fails altogether and a yellow triangle icon appears beside the listing for the Network Adapter.At this point if I want to use the internal Wifi card is to perform a Network Reset which requires a restart.2. My Wifi Card is a Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wifi card.a. My Ethernet card is messed up. The gold plated metal that surrounded the Cat 45 Connector tore off. An Cat 6 Cable still plugs in but eventually works it's way out.b. What is different in Resetting the Network Adapter and restarting the computer than disabling and then re-enabling the Network Adapter? c. I had read on several forums that unchecking the Option Under Power Management> Allow this computer to turn off the device in order to save (battery) power.It has been listed as a possible reason the Network adapter quits working. But when I perform a Network Reset that option is re-enabled.d.My computer stays plugged in AC. I get a low battery warning every time the computer reboots. But since it stays plugged in I disregard the low battery warning.3. I do have another wireless card that can plug into a USB port. But then at some point that card will disable the USB port.a. Then the only way to restart that USB port is to Restart the Computer.b. I have checked the Servises.msc and check to make sure WLanSvc is running WLAN Auto Config So at this point Is this a Virus? Would a New Network Adapter resolve my issues? Is this a Device Driver Problem?When Autoreboot is performed are changes made in the registry that resets everything to factory settings?

jcloversX, Jun 16, 2022
  4. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work

So the computer starts up with everything working, automatically connects to the network (I have tried doing a forget network and manually connecting, doesn't make a different) and everything works fine for a while, but then it will just randomly disconnect
    and will not reconnect (it temporarily shuts off the wifi adapter after trying to connect, then restarts itself and just acts like nothing happened).

I have tried the troubleshooter, I have tried resetting the adapter, I have tried reinstalling the adapter, I have tried updating the drivers, I have tried changing the power-saving options so it doesn't de-power the card. I have scoured this website for
    answers and have gotten no-where.

So, the card works until it doesn't, then it won't reconnect to the wifi network until you restart the whole computer, and then it works again just fine until it doesn't anymore and forces another computer restart. I am at a loss, this has been happening
    randomly for a few weeks now, but I've tried "solutions" on here to this problem (or similar ones) that are way older.

Drazi Black, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

1. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset - Similar Threads - Wifi randomly stops

2. wifi stops working at random startups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi stops working at random startups: I recently bought a lenovo loq 15 iax9 and installed win 10 on it, then soon had to update to win 11 after learning that apparently win 10 is not compatible with it sound did not work.i made the update from the Microsoft official page. twice now after turning it on, the wifi...
  3. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset: Every day or two, the internet will randomly stop working. It still works on my phone so I know it's my computer. The troubleshooter doesn't help because wifi no longer appears as an option. The 5g network I was connected to disappears from the list of available networks and...
  4. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset: Every day or two, the internet will randomly stop working. It still works on my phone so I know it's my computer. The troubleshooter doesn't help because wifi no longer appears as an option. The 5g network I was connected to disappears from the list of available networks and...
  5. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Randomly Stops Working: About a month ago the wifi adapter in my MSI GF63 8RC Laptop started periodically having an issue where it would show no available networks. When using the automatic troubleshooter in Windows 10 it said "There may be a problem with the driver for your wireless adapter"....
  6. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Randomly Stops Working: About a month ago the wifi adapter in my MSI GF63 8RC Laptop started periodically having an issue where it would show no available networks. When using the automatic troubleshooter in Windows 10 it said "There may be a problem with the driver for your wireless adapter"....
  7. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Wifi card stops working randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi card stops working randomly.: I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop for about a year now and am using Windows 10 ver. 10.0.19041 Build 19041. My Wifi Network card is from Intel, Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz As listed in device manager. Lately, my Laptop is unable to connect to my Wifi. Now I have been...
  9. Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work

Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work: So the computer starts up with everything working, automatically connects to the network (I have tried doing a forget network and manually connecting, doesn't make a different) and everything works fine for a while, but then it will just randomly disconnect and will not...
  10. Laptop Wifi randomly stops working

Laptop Wifi randomly stops working: Hi, I have a HP 14 ba0078 2-in-1 laptop, with 8th gen Intel core i3 and 4 gb RAM Since the past few weeks, my laptop's wifi adaptor has randomly stopped working many times over the course of a day. I have to keep running the troubleshooter and have to reset it back into...