Windows 10: Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

Discus and support Wifi refuses to connect to already known network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there. I have recently been having a problem with my Surface Go. It will occasionally refuse to connect to a wifi network, that should connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ellellell1, May 18, 2019.

1. Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

Hi there.

I have recently been having a problem with my Surface Go. It will occasionally refuse to connect to a wifi network, that should connect automatically.

On the occasion, it will say networks are available, but it will not connect automatically.
    So I go into the wifi menu, click connect and then the menu freezes, all the networks that were available disappear, with my network icon showing a red X, then after about 5 seconds, goes back to the same state when I opened it.

I keep trying to connect but it will keep kicking me off. It will usually take a probable 15 minutes of disabling adaptors, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to get it working again. Mostly I just switch over to the 5Ghz SSID if it starts acting up again. Furthermore after the switch to 5Ghz, if I keep connected for about 5 mins or so and try connecting back, it seems to work fine.

I believe it is somewhat a bug either with the driver Qualcomm or Windows 10 as this has happened with other wifi SSID's and some of my other devices.

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor

:)

ellellell1, May 18, 2019

2. Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

I've got a weird problem I can't figure out:

New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I don't want to be connected to it, anyways!).

I've previously connected to my home WiFi, and this is the only network listed in my "Manage known networks" list. When I manually "disconnect" from xfinitywifi, Windows automatically connects to my home WiFi. For some reason, though, on boot up, it automatically connects to this open network (despite being set to NOT connect to open networks), and it prefers this open network over my (secured) known network.

I have disabled the "Wi-Fi Sense" "feature".

Any ideas?

awesomesauce, May 18, 2019
  3. How to force a WiFi-connection to a known network using N8?

Hello

From time to time my N8(Belle) will not connect to my WiFi. When I look at the wifi-list my network is listed as "known", but not connected to. When I press on it the only options are Details and Delete the AP. I can't force the phone to connect to a specific
    AP, which would be nice.

If I turn the phone off and on again, it finds the Wifi and connects to it just fine. But it really shouldn't be necessary to reboot it in the first place.

Battery is full and there is plenty of space on C: and E:.

No applications are open.

Any ideas?

vesperillo, May 18, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

Clear about what. You were clear enough that you have a problem and that you are connecting to Comcast's hotspot. If you do not own the equipment and cannot go in to turn on Wifi, take the leased equipment back into the Comcast Walk-in Center and walk out with a new eMTA.

There is also no such thing as Known Networks. All that Wifi will list, is available hotspots that the radio in the wifi card can pick up.

bro67, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

1. Wifi refuses to connect to already known network - Similar Threads - Wifi refuses connect

2. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  3. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  4. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks: I've noticed recently that my laptop can't see any wifi networks, despite connecting to known routers. This will be an issue when I travel.I have tried resetting the network and rolling back the wifi adapter to the previous version with no success.According to the Windows...
  6. No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks

No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks: I've noticed recently that my laptop can't see any wifi networks, despite connecting to known routers. This will be an issue when I travel.I have tried resetting the network and rolling back the wifi adapter to the previous version with no success.According to the Windows...
  7. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  8. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  9. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

10. Known Network Not Connecting

Known Network Not Connecting: My computer won't connect to known wifi at my home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/known-network-not-connecting/7c279bde-16f9-4028-8adb-cca8cf01e0a8