Windows 10: WiFi Refuses to connect

Discus and support WiFi Refuses to connect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion laptoo I keep trying to connect to my colleges WiFi network and have been doing so for a month now. Only today has it refused to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeffpie99aces, Oct 4, 2018.

1. WiFi Refuses to connect

I have an HP Pavilion laptoo

I keep trying to connect to my colleges WiFi network and have been doing so for a month now. Only today has it refused to connect to the network with the WiFi icon in the popup window blinking.

I've tried updating the driver, I've tried uninstalling and restarting the driver, I've tried booting it in safe mode, I've ran every single troubleshooter that i can find and still nothing.

Please help before I end up chucking this pos

:)

jeffpie99aces, Oct 4, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Tenno747 Win User
    No WiFi connection

My computer refuses to connect to my WiFi modem, whilst it connects to my phone Hotspot connection OK. In the available networks listing, the WiFi network label shows a X against it, whereas all others are clear.

Is there some setting that blocks access. Also the computer will not connect to my printer by WiFi, but the printer will connect WiFi to my phone.

Help appreciated.

Tenno747, Oct 4, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

WiFi Refuses to connect

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

WiFi Refuses to connect

1. WiFi Refuses to connect - Similar Threads - WiFi Refuses connect

2. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  3. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  4. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  6. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  7. windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer

windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer: Win 10 flat out refuses to connect to my WiFi printer-->Normally Win 10 asks for a password in order to connect to a new network, even after the network has been set to 'forget', it again asks for a pass. My Brother pocket jet PJ-673 printer, connects via USB cable without...
  8. windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer: Win 10 flat out refuses to connect to my WiFi printer-->Normally Win 10 asks for a password in order to connect to a new network, even after the network has been set to 'forget', it again asks for a pass. My Brother pocket jet PJ-673 printer, connects via USB cable without...
  9. windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi refuses to connect to already known network: Hi there. I have recently been having a problem with my Surface Go. It will occasionally refuse to connect to a wifi network, that should connect automatically. On the occasion, it will say networks are available, but it will not connect automatically. So I go into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone refuses to connect to wifi

2. my window 10 pc wifi refuse to on what do i do

3. my computer refuses to connect to the wifi

4. wifi is refuse to connecting,
  5. windows 10 refuses to connect to internet,
  6. if wifi refuses to connect on window phone what can i do,
  7. my phone refused to connect with wifi,
  8. phone refuses to connect to my wifi