Windows 10: Wifi refuses to stay working!

Discus and support Wifi refuses to stay working! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; tl:dr - wifi option missing, replaced chip, reinstalled windows, nothing worked (should def read the whole thing tho) ok so first off, i know the title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShadowRocks2, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Wifi refuses to stay working!

tl:dr - wifi option missing, replaced chip, reinstalled windows, nothing worked (should def read the whole thing tho) ok so first off, i know the title throws you off a little so let me full explain, my m.2 wifi/bluetooth module in my prebuilt was acting weird, my assumption was that it was broke, the wifi refused to show up in windows no matter how many times i restarted or resloted the chip, i caved and bought a new fast m.2 wifi/bt module that was definitely compatible, and when i installed it it worked..... until mysteriously the wifi option yet again disappeared, i found that every time i restarted my pc there was a 50/50 chance of the wifi option being there or not but regardless after a amount of time the wifi option would disappear again, so again i caved abd reinstalled windows, and it was working again un til the next day where it started again. now here we are, the Bluetooth never had a issue only the wifi, so what should i do know, i refuse to reinstall windows again

submitted by /u/ShadowRocks2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShadowRocks2, Oct 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows must be very tired-refuses to stay awake

Hi, there are several extensive threads on this. Please feel free to search the forum and use it as a resource.

example: I searched the forum for
    sleep two minutes

Wifi refuses to stay working! [​IMG]

Refining the search may give more results- I suggest you try
    Solved sleep minutes
    for example.

If you find no solution, please post back listing what you've tried. Good luck

dalchina, Oct 28, 2020
  3. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Wifi refuses to stay working!

Wifi refuses to stay connected unless connect automatically is checked

I have a 7 year old HP 21 All In One Desktop, with Windows 10 that was installed as the beta update (and has been running as Windows 10 since then).

The computer has been having problems with staying connected to a wifi connection, unless the Connect Automatically option is checked. I have taken the following TS steps.

1. Restart Computer

2. Ran Network Dx, with no errors found.

3. Disabled Antivirus, and re ran network Dx, no errors found.

4. uninstalled, rebooted computer, and reinstalled all network drivers, and rebooted. Then ran Network DX again, with no errors found.

5. Ran the manufacturers Network DX software, and found no errors.

The signal does decrease at times, to the point of disconnection, then I have to manually reconnect to the wifi network. When reconnecting to the network, it cycles quite a few times between no signal to full signal, before connecting "permanently" to the
    original network, however, Windows refuses to stay connected to any wifi connection, if the Connect Automatically option is unchecked. What could be going on? How can I fix this? Is it software or hardware?

Keith Studley, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Wifi refuses to stay working!

1. Wifi refuses to stay working! - Similar Threads - Wifi refuses stay

2. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  3. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  4. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender LPS refuses to stay off: So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a...
  6. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender LPS refuses to stay off: So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a...
  7. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  8. Wifi refuses to stay connected unless connect automatically is checked

Wifi refuses to stay connected unless connect automatically is checked: I have a 7 year old HP 21 All In One Desktop, with Windows 10 that was installed as the beta update and has been running as Windows 10 since then. The computer has been having problems with staying connected to a wifi connection, unless the Connect Automatically option is...
  9. WiFi Refuses to connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Refuses to connect: I have an HP Pavilion laptoo I keep trying to connect to my colleges WiFi network and have been doing so for a month now. Only today has it refused to connect to the network with the WiFi icon in the popup window blinking. I've tried updating the driver, I've tried...
  10. WiFI not staying on

WiFI not staying on: I had to replace the hard drive on a friends acer aspire/m laptop and installed win 10 1803. I was using ethernet cable to for the internet, but when I took it off to test the wifi, the wifi is turned off. I turned the wifi on, but it still shows the connection is still off....