Windows 10: Wifi restarts

Discus and support Wifi restarts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I already have several days that on my pc the Wi-Fi restarts at every moment because it is very uncomfortable I need to help urgently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stmo2, Dec 6, 2018.

1. stmo2 Win User

Wifi restarts

I already have several days that on my pc the Wi-Fi restarts at every moment because it is very uncomfortable I need to help urgently

:)

stmo2, Dec 6, 2018
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 6, 2018
  3. little cat, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Wifi restarts

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Wifi restarts

1. Wifi restarts - Similar Threads - Wifi restarts

2. WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown: After a windows update earlier this year my WiFi setting went from being ON as soon as I started up my laptop to now being OFF every time. I can manually turn it on in settings with no problem but I really need my WiFi to be on as soon as Windows starts without me needing to...
  3. When I setup my pc after putting in my WiFi password it restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I setup my pc after putting in my WiFi password it restarts.: it will load and say just a moment the it will reset the it will do it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-setup-my-pc-after-putting-in-my-wifi/f724f965-ddc3-49a1-8a10-6842d7cf0aac
  4. WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown

WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown: I have a Panasonic CF-54 running Windows 10 Pro. After a windows update earlier this year my WiFi setting went from being ON as soon as I started up my laptop to now being OFF every time. I can manually turn it on in settings with no problem but I really need my WiFi to be on...
  5. WIFI Yellow Exclamation Mark Error - completely fine after restart

WIFI Yellow Exclamation Mark Error - completely fine after restart: Whenever I turn on my laptop, there is a yellow exclamation mark on wifi on the task bar. The Internet is completely working but the laptop doesn't get the service. When I restart the Window, then it works just fine. I tried to shut down my laptop and take it to the...
  6. Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10

Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10: Recently bought a new laptop for online work, my first experience with Windows 10. Every 15-30 minutes the wifi drops and will not reconnect unless I restart the computer. I've searched for solutions, and some say to change the power management settings so that it doesn't...
  7. Just upgraded to 10. On the first restart, I can not connect to wifi.

Just upgraded to 10. On the first restart, I can not connect to wifi.: On the screen it says my name and the next button. I click next and it gives a list of wifi networks. I click on my network and it will not connect. I go stand next to the router and it will not connect. My only options are next or back, no task bars nothing. I hope that...
  8. Wifi doesn't connect on Startup but connects on Restart

Wifi doesn't connect on Startup but connects on Restart: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 1607 that I use only once a week for a few hours. Every time I power up for my weekly session, the wifi fails to connect:Pinging 98.139.183.24 with 32 bytes of data:PING: transmit failed. General failure. C:\>ping yahoo.comPing...
  9. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect: For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again...
  10. Windows 10 restarts on shut down/sleep from gigabyte/intel wifi card

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts on shut down/sleep from gigabyte/intel wifi card: I recently built a new computer and it restarts on shutdown or when the computer idles. I removed my Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wifi card(here is a link to the card) from the motherboard and the computer was able to shut down properly. Looking for any help I can get. I have...