Windows 10: Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.

Discus and support Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there anyone here that has some solid info/experience using Wifi Sense. \ Me and some fellow network engineers are trying to figure out how big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterFragon, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.

Is there anyone here that has some solid info/experience using Wifi Sense. \

Me and some fellow network engineers are trying to figure out how big of a security risk this is or is not in an Enterprise environment. We have 40,000 employees, we provide an Aruba wireless network for them to connect their personal devices too and another Aruba controlled network for them to connect to using company issued hardened laptops.

My security team is asking if we think WiFi Sense would share Users credentials from their personal phones/laptops with Wifi Sense enabled and for some dumb reason they turn on sharing.

MS could not even give as a straight answer.

My assumption is that it if Enterprise security is in play that MS would have built in policies to not allow WPA2 Ent type configs be shared?

Our Aruba environment is extremely complex but user Auth is set up such that they provided a 4 digit pass code and the email they use on the website to sign up is the username. Aruba Clear Pass Network.

:)

PeterFragon, Jun 17, 2015
  2. AndrewHW Win User

How Do I Prevent A Guest From Sharing My Wifi Network Password Via Wifi Sense?

Hypothetical:

A guest visits my home with his/her Windows 10 computer and asks me for access to my Wifi Network/Internet.

I want to give this guest access, but I *do not* want him/her to share my Wifi Network credentials with his/her contacts via Wifi Sense.

How can I *ensure* that this guest does not share my Wifi Network credentials via Wifi Sense? Do I have to rely on him/her being familiar enough with Windows 10 to disable Wifi Sense? What if they aren't computer savvy? Do I have to personally enter my
    credentials on their computer and ensure they have Wifi Sense off? Can they turn Wifi Sense back on and share my password after I turned it off?

I am particularly worried with sharing my Wifi Network credentials with regular guests/family who visit frequently. Usually, I'll just give them the password and trust them to punch it in on their devices and not share it with others, but now the less computer
    savvy guests might be unintentionally sharing *my* passwords with *their* contacts via Windows 10's Wifi Sense? Is the onus now on me to rotate my wifi password every week?

AndrewHW, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Connecting to Aruba Networks Wifi

Hi Syam_A,

Is the Internet Explorer browser the Desktop version?

Are you allowing cookies on your phone?

Thank you in advance.

Sara C. - Microsoft Support, Jun 17, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.

glad you got Aruba, you can shoot all of those wifi-sense methods down, if you dont want them to harras the network

batlhilz, Jun 20, 2015
Thema:

Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.

1. Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks. - Similar Threads - Wifi Sense Enterprise

2. "unidentified network" on win7 guest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "unidentified network" on win7 guest: I have a Windows 7 guest OS running under a Windows 7 SP1 x64 host. The VirtualBox network settings are "attached to: Internal Network on three machines of Virtual box .running VirtualBox Version 6.1.22 on host.i am trying to create network of three machines on virtualbox....
  3. "unidentified network" on win7 guest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "unidentified network" on win7 guest: I have a Windows 7 guest OS running under a Windows 7 SP1 x64 host. The VirtualBox network settings are "attached to: Internal Network on three machines of Virtual box .running VirtualBox Version 6.1.22 on host.i am trying to create network of three machines on virtualbox....
  4. network and wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network and wifi: I updated to wind 11 and since then in any public Wi-Fi with a sign in website. it doesn't redirect me to the website and does nothing and i cannot connect kept disconnecting and reconnecting and nothing and restarted my network adapters and nothing...
  5. Wifi Networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Networks: I recently opened and disassembled my laptop and cleaned it a bit. But after I powered it on, it is showing that "No wifi networks available". Ethernet is working but not wifi. Is there any chance the wifi card has slightly moved while I was cleaning the laptop?? Please...
  6. Wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi networks: Im at a hotel for the moment and I cant see their wifi on my gaming pc, if i turn on my mobile hotspot i can connect but the hotels wifi isnt showing up in the list of networks or any other networks for that matter ive tried everything ive seen online and no luck i even...
  7. WIFI and network

WIFI and network: my windows didn't show any network status.why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-and-network/2b5b6af2-bec0-4c72-b32c-8bbde8485ed0
  8. network and wifi

network and wifi: Chào trang hỗ trợ người dùng windows, tôi xài laptop lenovo 3000N100 windows 7 nâng cấp lên windows 10 bằng Windows10Upgrade28088 không được, sau đó tôi dùng media-creation-tool-1909 updare thì được nhưng phần mạng và wifi network adapters tôi cố gắng update, cài lại bằng các...
  9. wifi network's

wifi network's: how to see connected wifi network's password? I was able to do tht in Win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-networks/22bf08e7-6133-4ac7-9dc5-3bccd348539a
  10. Laptop connects to wifi-sense TWC Wifi network, despite my settings

Laptop connects to wifi-sense TWC Wifi network, despite my settings: I have Windows 10 Home, fully updated. My next-door neighbor rents his cable modem from Time Warner, so there's an open network called TWC Wifi (and also a Cable Wifi). I have never manually connected to this network, and it doesn't show up in my list of "Known...