Windows 10: Wifi sercurity issues.

Discus and support Wifi sercurity issues. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I live in the woods, with connection to my internet provider via landline. I'm often flagged by my Norton security provider that my WIFI is unsecured,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tomclarke3, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Wifi sercurity issues.

I live in the woods, with connection to my internet provider via landline. I'm often flagged by my Norton security provider that my WIFI is unsecured, offering to sell me an additional package to cover my WIFI. I have no neighbors, nor is there a road within WIFI range. Do I really need to lay out my money for additional coverage?

:)

tomclarke3, Sep 14, 2018

2. deleting sercurity logs

is it safe to delete sercurity logs from event veiwer

johnWinstanley1, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Wifi sercurity issues.

wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Wifi sercurity issues.

1. Wifi sercurity issues. - Similar Threads - Wifi sercurity issues

2. Window Sercurity action recommened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Sercurity action recommened: HelloIs this ok or do i need to do something because its got the yellow triangle.or do i just click dismissThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-sercurity-action-recommened/ab01a8a0-550a-4b3b-bcf0-d9138db10a6d
  3. Window Sercurity action recommened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Sercurity action recommened: HelloIs this ok or do i need to do something because its got the yellow triangleThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-sercurity-action-recommened/ab01a8a0-550a-4b3b-bcf0-d9138db10a6d
  4. Windows Sercurity Dashboard Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sercurity Dashboard Language: Hi,Why Windows 11 show me Windows Security Dashboard in a different language?My preferred language on Windows 11 is English, but Windows Security Dashboard language is Spanish.Thanks...
  5. Windows Sercurity Dashboard Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sercurity Dashboard Language: Hi,Why Windows 11 show me Windows Security Dashboard in a different language?My preferred language on Windows 11 is English, but Windows Security Dashboard language is Spanish.Thanks...
  6. Windows sercurity is not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows sercurity is not opening: I am using the windows insider program and got windows 11 from windows 10.... some days ago i reset my laptop ...after doing that my windows security is not opening ...it is telling that "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" ...please help me out to solve...
  7. Windows Defender/Sercurity at a glance is blank.

Windows Defender/Sercurity at a glance is blank.: I went to scan my PC today and when I went into my security center it was blank and not giving me any options to do anything. Please help! Thank you![IMG]...
  8. Sercurity

Sercurity: How do I uninstall Total AV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sercurity/4fba9d54-7c65-4ec0-bcba-28f1a85e95e1
  9. windows sercurity and antivirus software

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows sercurity and antivirus software: my windows security is stuck on 'getting privacy info' how can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sercurity-and-antivirus-software/df800d6f-ce18-4871-9881-4567e0d06737
  10. Windows Locked Sercurity Details

Windows Locked Sercurity Details: After thinking I should scan for malware I was met with the error code Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Problem is I'm not connected to an...