Windows 10: Wifi settings and symbol disappeared however internet works without problems.

Discus and support Wifi settings and symbol disappeared however internet works without problems. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since a few months my WiFi settings disappeared together with the symbol in the task bar. My laptop still connects with networks he already knew... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/japako, Dec 6, 2020.

1. /u/japako Win User

Wifi settings and symbol disappeared however internet works without problems.

Since a few months my WiFi settings disappeared together with the symbol in the task bar. My laptop still connects with networks he already knew however i cant connect to new networks since i cant access any internet settings. I can find my wifi adapter and it is working and also is up-to-date.

I am unable to find any fixes for this problem and I cant recall what i screwed up to get into this situation. I also cant access the Windows shop or refresh my MS-office licenses since they think i am not connected to the internet.

Does anybody knows this problem and is able to help me ? IF you need more infos feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/japako
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/japako, Dec 6, 2020

2. Internet completely stopped working

Hi, my name is Antonio, and my internet stopped working on my PC.I need to go to notifications and then select wifi just to see the wifi list , but there is no list , there is just `` change settings such as making a connection methered ``. If i go to
    settings , there is no WIFI option and I can`t update any internet drives. The wifi symbol always has a red cross on it. I had this problem for months.

Trainfoodx, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Zontir Win User
    Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Dec 6, 2020
  4. ausgumbie Win User

WiFi Detection disappeared and Can't get on internet? Possible help.

Hi all

I notice a lot of forum angst about the sudden disappearance of the list of WiFi hotspots detected (right-hand side of taskbar) and so inability to connect with the internet.

Being - literally - a gumby, I don't know the terms for various things so I hope folk know what I'm talking about. I'm calling the little "WiFi" icon (on the taskbar, lower right) the "WiFi Manager" - if anyone would mind responding with its correct title, I'd be grateful.

OK - My story. I suddenly got booted off the internet last night, and when I tried to reconnect, found the box usually containing the list of detected hotspots was totally empty! AND, only the "AirplaneMode" button was at the bottom of that. After the usual panic and hoping lots of rebooting would fix something, I right clicked on the "WiFi Manager" icon - now a box with a red cross on it. Nothing. I'm not very observant, but here's a list of what I think I did to get my internet connection back. Maybe it'll help some folk. Certainly not all. Sorry:

1. Open "Control Panel"
    2. Left click "Network and Internet"
    3. Left click "Network and Sharing Center"
    4. Look down to "Change your networking settings"
    5. Left click "Troubleshoot problems"
    6. Page should read: "Troubleshoot problems - Network and Internet"
    7. Under "Network" - top half ...
    8. Left click on "Internet Connections" ("Find and fix problems with connecting to the Internet or to websites")

9. I'm pretty sure a box popped up with two discoveries, one of which (with an Administrator icon next to it) read to the effect that "Wifi detection was disabled - need to enable it as administrator" (or words to that effect).

10. I left clicked on the link that invited fixing as an administrator and, after (maybe) another popup with a progress bar counted the seconds, it declared the issue had been fixed.

11. I can't remember whether I restarted the computer or not but I got WiFi detection back and so got back online.

Again, sorry it's so vague, but hope it helps someone,

Cheers

ausgumbie, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi settings and symbol disappeared however internet works without problems. - Similar Threads - Wifi settings symbol

2. Frustrating internet problem, wifi adapter keeps disappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frustrating internet problem, wifi adapter keeps disappearing?: Hello, for the past two months or so, i've had this problem with my computer and it's been very confusing trying to figure it out.So, it starts by the internet going out, suddenly, the computer will say it can't connect to my network. Half the time, this is easily fixed by...
  3. Frustrating internet problem, wifi adapter keeps disappearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frustrating internet problem, wifi adapter keeps disappearing?: Hello, for the past two months or so, i've had this problem with my computer and it's been very confusing trying to figure it out.So, it starts by the internet going out, suddenly, the computer will say it can't connect to my network. Half the time, this is easily fixed by...
  4. Wifi Symbol disappeared on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Symbol disappeared on my Laptop: Hello everyone, yesterday evening my Internet completely shut down on my Laptop. I didn't think to much of it but today as I tried fixing it I saw that the option to connect to the internet is completely gone. I still have the symbol on my task but if I click it only airplane...
  5. Wifi Symbol disappeared on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Symbol disappeared on my Laptop: Hello everyone, yesterday evening my Internet completely shut down on my Laptop. I didn't think to much of it but today as I tried fixing it I saw that the option to connect to the internet is completely gone. I still have the symbol on my task but if I click it only airplane...
  6. Wifi Symbol disappeared on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi is showing 'no internet' however it's working but only in chromium based applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi is showing 'no internet' however it's working but only in chromium based applications: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Redo122 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixezq7/wifi_is_showing_no_internet_however_its_working/
  8. WiFi sharing without internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi sharing without internet: Ok, so I'm having some weird issues that I believe I posted about in the past. Currently, my desktop will routinely connect to the internet while reporting "no internet" in the settings. This would not be an issue, however my phone, for whatever reason, gets an extremely weak...
  9. Wifi symbol is disappeared

Wifi symbol is disappeared: I couldn't see the wifi symbol to connect to internet. I have tried all the steps to uninstall and install the driver but no luck. Please help me to resolve the issue. Attaching the snips. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. No internet access symbol while internet is working

No internet access symbol while internet is working: Hello Dears! Please advise on the next: I've got a icon in the tray - internet connection (Ethernet) with yellow triangle and exclamation mark and status "No internet" although internet is available and working properly. The same happens in different locations, with...