Windows 10: wifi settings difficulties

Discus and support wifi settings difficulties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Symptoms: 1)Under one user account, wifi settings are not preserved. If I run ms-settings:network and select "Manage wifi settings", there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zephyrus, Apr 22, 2016.

1. zephyrus Win User

wifi settings difficulties

Symptoms:
    1)Under one user account, wifi settings are not preserved. If I run
    ms-settings:network
    and select "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice for "Manage known networks".
    2)Under a second user account, I cannot see wifi choices at all. If I run
    I get:
    package could not be registered

Any help is appreciated.

:)

zephyrus, Apr 22, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Difficulty connecting wifi

Have you gone Settings, Network & Internet and while connecting did you check Connect Automatically?

lacrumb, Apr 22, 2016
  3. JanetFW Win User
    Difficulty connecting wifi

My PC will not connect automatically to my wifi, although other devices will. Troubleshooting does not help but tells me wifi does not have a valid IP configuration. After a 5 - 10 minute wait wifi usually connects without me doing anything else. This
    is a recent problem and I have not changed PC, ISP, or modem.

JanetFW, Apr 22, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

You have to check the check box Connect automatically and then it will remember the password, You can uncheck it if you want anytime after you connect and it will still remember the password.

sml156, Apr 22, 2016
  5. zephyrus Win User
    This doesn't work. There's something wrong with my OS, as is evident from the other symptoms. I can't "forget" a network (or remember it).

zephyrus, Apr 23, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    Not sure if you know what I mean, You have put the password in for both accounts

When you connect to the Wifi do you see this

wifi settings difficulties [​IMG]

sml156, Apr 23, 2016
  7. zephyrus Win User
    I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I see that but when I log out (or reboot or hibernate) it does *not* connect automatically. Something having to do with wifi settings is broken. Here is what the *entire* bottom of my wi fi settings looks like:

zephyrus, Apr 23, 2016
  8. zephyrus Win User

This is what it *should* look like (from another machine):

zephyrus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wifi settings difficulties - Similar Threads - wifi settings difficulties

2. Technical difficulties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical difficulties: Google is the main system I use on my laptop. I use it for youtube, games, work, etc. Every time I open google after powering off my laptop it is normal for a few seconds, then kicks me right off. Then, it opens google right back up, but all my tabs and things are closed. I...
  3. Keyboard Settings Difficulties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Settings Difficulties: hello. I have this problem: on my keyboard I need only English and Greek. At the language settings I have the system language as Greek but for my keyboard I have Greek and English as I desire. BUT that's what it says on the settings page.In reality when I Shift + Alt I have 1...
  4. Difficulty connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty connecting to wifi: I am running Windows 10 on my computer. I was having no trouble connecting to wifi until now. When I try to connect, I get a message stating that the computer cannot connect to the internet. I know that my modem and router are working correctly since I am able to connect...
  5. Log in Difficulties

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Difficulties: I downloaded the Microsoft Spanish language keyboard to my personal computer last friday and had to go to a meeting. When I tried to login in the evening, the computer wouldn't recognize my Microsoft password or let me change it. I changed the Microsoft password on my phone....
  6. Difficulty of Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty of Games: I would like to change the difficulty of the games I play in Microsoft Solitaire. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-of-games/cc01ec81-970c-4c28-93e9-2f1648adb263
  7. WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES: Hi I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 home, version 1803. It takes a very long time - upto 10 minutes - for the system to find available WIFI networks. Once a network is found it takes at least 3 attempts to connect. Also once connected, the WIFI...
  8. Techinical difficulties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Techinical difficulties: So, my laptop won't let me watch any movies on Netflix, apparently it's something to do with the Graphics hardware blocking it, or something, not sure. But if you know what I'm talking about please help me! Thank you, your a life saver! :))...
  9. Access difficulties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access difficulties: please provide a solution I have difficulty running games on a laptop with the following information: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  10. dir Difficulties

in Windows 10 Support
    dir Difficulties: I am seeking to sort files with dir. Creation date and time is my most primary interest. This has been my primary guide. MS-DOS dir command help I have tried a number of these commands in Powershell and Admin Powershell The simple one element wild card ones work okay. Ex...