Windows 10: WiFi settings missing and cant connect to interne, with cmd also

Discus and support WiFi settings missing and cant connect to interne, with cmd also in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows settings, no wifi option available under network and Internet. I checked my adapter, it looks good. In notification bar, Network showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MD. NASHID KAMAL, Dec 6, 2018.

1. WiFi settings missing and cant connect to interne, with cmd also

In windows settings, no wifi option available under network and Internet. I checked my adapter, it looks good. In notification bar, Network showing instead of WiFi. So i can't connect my pc to WiFi. I checked the WiFi status using netsh. Interfaces shows wifi adapter good, i saw state disconnected and hosted network status : not started . Drivers was all good i think, it showed full driver description. Then i checked networks, there showed 7 network visible with their SSID. Then i tried to connect with wifi using command prompt. For that, i need a profile and SSID. Got SSID from network. Then i searched for profiles. It shows no profile there. There was 2 section, Group Policy profiles(readonly) and User Profiles. Both was empty. So i can't connect to WiFi using cmd and wifi settings also missing. Fix me this problem soon please .

:)

MD. NASHID KAMAL, Dec 6, 2018

2. WIFI setting tab is missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Do not worry, it can be fixed.

Restart Surface and check.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing updates or damaged drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Can’t connect to a wireless network:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...t-connect-to-a-wireless-network?os=windows-10

Wi-Fi settings are missing:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ifi-is-missing-icon-not-showing?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Wifi settings are missing

Hello,

My Wifi settings are missing. I tried the steps as given in: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023503/surface-wi-fi-settings-are-missingbut
    that didn't solve the issue.

Here some details:

• Windows 10 home / 1709 / 16299.125
    • I installed all Windows udpates.
    • In device manager I don't see under networkadapter the Marvell Avastar.
    • The troubleshooter didn't solve the problem.
    • Problem started a week ago, reason is unknown.
    • I don't know which surface I have, or what surface even is.

Hopefully someone can help me to get the wifi settings back, need internet wireless.

Mattaboy10, Dec 6, 2018
  4. WiFi settings missing and cant connect to interne, with cmd also

Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10  

I found that after selecting wifi it shows a list of available connections and under need to select advanced settings and the metered selection is located their. and is not as the above tutorial.

peter prewett, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

WiFi settings missing and cant connect to interne, with cmd also

1. WiFi settings missing and cant connect to interne, with cmd also - Similar Threads - WiFi settings missing

2. Windows 10 wifi settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi settings are missing.: I have an alienware alpha i3 running windows 10 and recently the wifi has been disconnecting and not detecting any wifi signals in the area. I had rebooted the pc and suddenly the wifi icon on the Taskbar was replaced by an ethernet icon with a red X over it and no wifi icon...
  3. Solution to my wifi cant connect

Solution to my wifi cant connect: My laptop can't connect to any wifi available while my phones are connecting and no problems, I tried network reset but it doesn't work, reinstall and uninstall the wifi adapter/driver but no changes. How can I fixed it ? it has an "*" asterisks on wifi symbol......
  4. Missing Wifi icon but can still connect to the Internet

Missing Wifi icon but can still connect to the Internet: Here's my problem, the Wifi icon is missing: [ATTACH] At first I restarted my computer but no use. Then I tried to fix by turning off then turning on the network icon, but in reality the volume icon disappeared and appeared instead.[ATTACH] [IMG] I also tried updating...
  5. Internal Microphone missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Microphone missing: My mic has been missing for months. It didn't occur to me until someone asked if it was because of an update. My computer doesn't think it has a microphone anymore and doesn't detect any audio input on any app or site. I have Windows 10 and I have looked at different and...
  6. cant connect to wifi using DLINK AC750 router

cant connect to wifi using DLINK AC750 router: i recently configured my router after hard reset. my both wireless and wireless5G settings has same username and password.it connects for only 5 mins and i cant connect again. after restting adapter i cant see wifi. i cant see the wifi connection even its unsecured. i had to...
  7. Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

Wifi adapter missing from network settings.: cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting. and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260. but i can connect to internet through ethernet. Please help 57188
  8. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...
  9. connecting to home wifi but set as public??

connecting to home wifi but set as public??: So i've connect to my home wifi and for whatever reason windows 10 didnt ask me like 7 if its home, work or public its just automatically put my home wifi as public any way to change this or a setting that i am missing. 11511
  10. cant connect to certain sites missing protocols

cant connect to certain sites missing protocols: hey, this is my first post so have mercy =x Im not sure when the problem started, maybe after a update or installing a game or something..no clue, but recently i have been having connection issues with certain sites at random. Its the same sites every time but they either...