Windows 10: Wifi settings missing

Discus and support Wifi settings missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello Everyone ! I moved recently and since my router now is in a different room, i bought a usb wireless adapter to connect via wifi.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Timo-Nie, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Wifi settings missing

Wifi settings missing 3RzBrEnqTuesHvbk4BFQxfOsgkEAyFjwDzjJZOy0Nxk.jpg

Hello Everyone !

I moved recently and since my router now is in a different room, i bought a usb wireless adapter to connect via wifi.The adapter works fine, but I can't find any wifi settings in the Network & Internet settings. (see the picture)

https://preview.redd.it/olyccwn1bma...bp&s=7f4a06e3140ff56887d8af1eb5839daf17064d21

The drivers are up to date and the stick even once connected to an open vodafone hotspot near me (without me doing anything).

When I go into the Network connections the adapter shows up fine, after I click on "Connect To" a message in the bottom right corner just pops up, guiding me to the Network & Internet settings again...

https://preview.redd.it/8s6cl5ehbma...bp&s=3dbd0df9786571bf04b6f3870d30ebd9230bb6fd

https://preview.redd.it/n0pfj4ajbma...bp&s=1f61ae81ec65f555c0b593c7e361bbb87b66f814

Since the adapter seems to be fine and even connected to a wireless network I have to assume it's some settings in windows. I already set the "WLAN AutoConfig" Service to Automatic and started it but that didn't do anything. Also reinstalled the drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers Wifi settings missing :)

EDIT: I should also mention that my macbook connects to the wifi without any problems.

submitted by /u/Timo-Nie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Timo-Nie, Jul 13, 2020

2. Wifi settings are missing

Hello,

My Wifi settings are missing. I tried the steps as given in: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023503/surface-wi-fi-settings-are-missingbut
    that didn't solve the issue.

Here some details:

• Windows 10 home / 1709 / 16299.125
    • I installed all Windows udpates.
    • In device manager I don't see under networkadapter the Marvell Avastar.
    • The troubleshooter didn't solve the problem.
    • Problem started a week ago, reason is unknown.
    • I don't know which surface I have, or what surface even is.

Hopefully someone can help me to get the wifi settings back, need internet wireless.

Mattaboy10, Jul 13, 2020
  3. WIFI setting tab is missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Do not worry, it can be fixed.

Restart Surface and check.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing updates or damaged drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Can’t connect to a wireless network:

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, PCs, 2-in-1’s & Devices – Microsoft Surface

Wi-Fi settings are missing:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ifi-is-missing-icon-not-showing?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Wifi settings missing

Missing Wifi Tab

Hi,

For us to get a better understanding of the issue and provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information:

• When did this start to happen?
    • Were there any changes made on your device prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to connect to the WiFi network before?

In the meantime, try the troubleshooting steps provided in this article and see if it will resolve the issue:
    Wi-Fi settings are missing.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Wifi settings missing

1. Wifi settings missing - Similar Threads - Wifi settings missing

2. Wifi cannot connect and missing in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi cannot connect and missing in settings: Hello, am problem with my Hp DV6 wifi not coming up and the driver cannot be seen at the device manager. Someone pls help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-cannot-connect-and-missing-in-settings/87b7b869-6d98-40cb-8790-94177607d9a2
  3. Wifi settings are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi settings are missing: The internet on my computer wasn't working, I tried to check my wifi connection but all wifi settings had disappeared, I've tried everything I can think of like updating and restarting and I've tried various things I found on the Internet which led to discovering the Network...
  4. Wifi settings are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi settings are missing: The internet on my computer wasn't working, I tried to check my wifi connection but all wifi settings had disappeared, I've tried everything I can think of like updating and restarting and I've tried various things I found on the Internet which led to discovering the Network...
  5. Wifi settings are missing

6. missing wifi settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing wifi settings: last night my computer was fine, but it seemed to have updated to windows 11 while i was asleep and now i can’t find my wifi settings, ive tried everything that the support page says but nothing works. it so weird i go into the network and internet tab and all settings are...
  7. missing wifi settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing wifi settings: last night my computer was fine, but it seemed to have updated to windows 11 while i was asleep and now i can’t find my wifi settings, ive tried everything that the support page says but nothing works. it so weird i go into the network and internet tab and all settings are...
  8. Wifi settings missing

Wifi settings missing: Hello Everyone ! I moved recently and since my router now is in a different room, i bought a usb wireless adapter to connect via wifi.The adapter works fine, but I can't find any wifi settings in the Network & Internet settings. see the picture [IMG] The drivers are up...
  9. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  10. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...