Windows 10: Wifi settings vanished following network reset

Discus and support Wifi settings vanished following network reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having some trouble lately connecting to my home wifi network from a Lenovo m720. The wifi network is fully functional and other devices can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pleasant_Pineapple_7, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Wifi settings vanished following network reset

I've been having some trouble lately connecting to my home wifi network from a Lenovo m720. The wifi network is fully functional and other devices can connect properly. I presumed there were some driver issues but reinstalled/updated to no avail.

Then, seeing a convenient "network reset" option in windows settings, I executed the reset only to find that upon startup, my desktop now no longer displays any wifi networks to connect to. I have no idea what the issue is and any help would be appreciated. I uninstalled a couple of VPNs and restarted again/updated drivers.

When I visit Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network connections, my wifi adapters are enabled, but when I right click and press "connect", I am redirected to the home screen network/internet tab which doesn't have any wifi networks to choose from.

submitted by /u/Pleasant_Pineapple_7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pleasant_Pineapple_7, Jun 23, 2020

2. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

Hello there!
    The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me.
    So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have completely vanished and now it's replaced with 'Networks' in the notification center however, it doesn't detect anything and the switch of turning the WiFi icon on or off on the taskbar is greyed out from the settings. I've managed to find a way to access the WiFi menu again and it was either from the lock screen or that menu that opens when you press ctrl + alt + del. After connecting to my WiFi I decided to open the Microsoft Store but it said that I wasn't connected to the internet even though I was. I tried opening Microsoft apps and diferrent apps I had downloaded but all of them stated that I wasn't connected to the internet, even windows updates did the same thing. I did some digging around in the device manager list and I let it show my hidden devices then I found out that my WiFi software device was hidden. I checked it's status and it says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."
    My WAN miniports have the same error too
    and before suggesting to try troubleshooting it, I've tried it and it didn't work at all.
    If someone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance!

xXDammieXx, Jun 23, 2020
  3. How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Wifi settings vanished following network reset

Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Wifi settings vanished following network reset

1. Wifi settings vanished following network reset - Similar Threads - Wifi settings vanished

2. No wifi after resetting the network

in Windows 10 Customization
    No wifi after resetting the network: I reset my network because some of my apps aren't connecting to the internet ,after I reset network I couldn't connect to the network. Can someone please help me...
  3. No wifi after resetting the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi after resetting the network: I reset my network because some of my apps aren't connecting to the internet ,after I reset network I couldn't connect to the network. Can someone please help me...
  4. No wifi after resetting the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi adapter driver vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter driver vanished: Lenovo Yoga 900, Windows 10. Lost wifi suddenly and the cable guy told me my laptop is missing the wifi adapter driver! All of a sudden. Cannot understand why this happened. Please advise 1 what to do 2 how to do any reinstallation/updating/downloads you may advise,...
  6. I reset my network, my wifi connection vanished and I don't have internet connection

I reset my network, my wifi connection vanished and I don't have internet connection: I reset my network, my wifi connection vanished and I don't have internet connection . My laptop is hp Intel core i5 and windows 10. I can't see any internet adapter icon...
  7. Network adaptor vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adaptor vanished: My computer is showing absolutely no network adapter, whats the fix fix why would this be? Trevor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/network-adaptor-vanished/870cf570-a695-4613-bed7-923e8e663b68
  8. wifi driver vanished

wifi driver vanished: hello. Its just strange that my laptop(Inspiron N4050 ) just swallowed up the wifi network driver all of a sudden.I tried to download the drivers from dell website.Strangely,website recognised my laptop but did not show up any wifi drivers to download.When I tried to seach...
  9. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.: Hello there! The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me. So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have completely vanished and now it's replaced with 'Networks' in the notification center however, it doesn't detect anything and...
  10. WiFi vanished

WiFi vanished: What happened to my WiFi? I am running Windows 10 15063.632 I have tried to update to 16299.15 twice with two different WiFi cards in my desktop and upon update WiFi is missing. Device shows in Device Manager with a triangle but no adapter in adapters folder and when I click...