Windows 10: WiFi settings

Discus and support WiFi settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New computer. Logged on to my WiFi. Windows thinks it is a Public network. It is Private. How do I change the Windows setting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarolW777, May 11, 2021.

1. CarolW777 Win User

WiFi settings

New computer. Logged on to my WiFi. Windows thinks it is a Public network. It is Private. How do I change the Windows setting?

:)

CarolW777, May 11, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 11, 2021
  3. How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, May 11, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

WiFi settings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 11, 2021
Thema:

WiFi settings

1. WiFi settings - Similar Threads - WiFi settings

2. Wireless Wifi adapter settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Wifi adapter settings: Hi, i have a wireless wifi adapter which i recently brought since i dont receive stable wifi. The wifi adapter works great i can get 70 mbps from tmy 5g internet since i am quite far from the router i get more wifi with 5G so i use it. I just want to know is there anyway i...
  3. How to set up ad-hoc/wifi direct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up ad-hoc/wifi direct?: In a few weeks, Im going somewhere where there is very slow/no internet, and I wanted to play games like Minecraft on LAN, without an internet connection. I've heard about "ad-hoc" and "Wifi Direct" But I got lost in 5 minutes. Is there any way to set up this type of...
  4. Iview Maximus II laptop won’t connect to wifi and there is no wifi setting.

Iview Maximus II laptop won’t connect to wifi and there is no wifi setting.: I have an Iview Maximus II laptop and it won’t connect to WiFi, it doesn’t even have the wifi icon in the bottom right side of the screen, just an airplane mode setting where the wifi usually is. It also doesn’t have a wifi section in the “Network & Internet” category in...
  5. Something weird going on with Wifi settings

Something weird going on with Wifi settings: One of my Windows 10 laptops has suddenly decided it won't connect to Wifi, but it's not quite as simple as that. I have two networks at home. Other PC's and devices in the house are connected to both networks. My Dell E7440 has decided it does not want to conect to either...
  6. WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar: Hi,I am facing an issue recently in which the WiFi is not showing up in the network and settings option on the taskbar. When I boot up my laptop , the WiFi gets connected but after sometime it just disappears automatically. Sometimes it comes back on its own, but mostly I...
  7. How do I set up a laptop with a static address no DHCP for work WiFi network but DHCP for...

How do I set up a laptop with a static address no DHCP for work WiFi network but DHCP for...: I have a Windows 10 20H2 laptop that I use on several WiFi networks getting address settings by DHCP, but I also use it on a work network without DHCP, which uses static address settings. I have tried various ways of setting it up, and it seems that I have to manually create...
  8. Network (wifi) settings won't stick

Network (wifi) settings won't stick: Network settings randomly flip. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Linksys Velop WHW0303 wifi VPN ASUS (Broadcom) 802.11ac network adapter All drivers, firmware, and software seems to be up-to-date. Network settings randomly flip: The first...
  9. Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off

Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off: Settings says my wifi is on but the bar at the bottom says it is off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-settings-say-wifi-on-but-on-the-bar-say/e7088e52-7673-48fe-8264-110c0067fa23
  10. Wifi don't show in Network & Internet settings

Wifi don't show in Network & Internet settings: I often have this problem when the computer in sleepafter open again I often see thisI can't connect to any wifi and I need to restart the computerI feel annoyed about this problem because it appears quite a few times and of course I always have to restart the computer...