Windows 10: WiFi sharing without internet

Discus and support WiFi sharing without internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, so I'm having some weird issues that I believe I posted about in the past. Currently, my desktop will routinely connect to the internet while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knuckledragger242, Jul 8, 2020.

1. WiFi sharing without internet

Ok, so I'm having some weird issues that I believe I posted about in the past. Currently, my desktop will routinely connect to the internet while reporting "no internet" in the settings. This would not be an issue, however my phone, for whatever reason, gets an extremely weak signal from the dorm WiFi, if any signal at all. Whenever it is connected, I need a VPN to get through to the WAN. I've been using my desktop's mobile hotspot function to get a stronger connection to my phone, but when windows thinks there's no internet, that doesn't work.

Is there a way to force a mobile hotspot that passes through the WAN connection as well?

submitted by /u/knuckledragger242
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/knuckledragger242, Jul 8, 2020
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 8, 2020
  4. WiFi sharing without internet

Sharing over WiFi

Alright, here goes:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change Connection Status
    2. Make sure your network is set to Private
    3. Also make sure you have NOT made the connection Metered
    4. Next navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center
    5. This will open up Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network and Sharing Center
    6. Click Change Advanced Sharing Settings and under Private set Turn on Network Discovery and check the box Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices(optional)
    7. Turn on File and Printer Sharing
    8. On Guest or Public have everything turned OFF
    9. Under All networks turn off Public folder sharing, select Use 128-bit encryption and Turn on password protected sharing if you want to have added security, else turn it off and everybody should have access to all your shares without any passed user credentials.

If you choose to use password protected sharing, then there are additional steps to take. Please let me know and we continue this further.

Here are a few screenshots:

WiFi sharing without internet [​IMG]

slicendice, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

WiFi sharing without internet

1. WiFi sharing without internet - Similar Threads - WiFi sharing without

2. Sharing files without internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing files without internet connection: I want to share a file with my friend but without the use of internet because it is a big file. I also can't use wired connection because his PC is at a good distance from mine. Is there a way we can connect our PCs wirelessly and share files without internet connection ? If...
  3. how to have internet connection without wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to have internet connection without wifi?: Just built a new PC and had it running and connecting to the internet without wifi. However, I had problems with my Windows 10 activation and a microsoft rep had to re-install the O/S for me. The rep actually had access to my computer remotely so I know my internet was...
  4. Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi: I have a Thinkpad T450s with Sierra wireless with "unlimited bandwidth" contract, but sharing over WiFi doesn't let Internet connection. How the can I mask the shared WiFi that makes the celular believe that only the laptop is connected? submitted by /u/arima0k [link]...
  5. Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router

Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router: How to share my Internet to Router? I've Internet connection with JioFi Reliance, India wifi dongle via "TP-Link" USB dongle at my computer Win_10. I want to share Internet to a router D-Link DWR-116 to increase to WiFi signal. Can anyone help...?...
  6. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  7. Share internet

Share internet: I would like to share the internet to another computer but I can't do it. Is there anything else I should do? if so please guide me please thank you in advance for your help Moved from the Community (Es)...
  8. Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy: My wifi wont stay connected to the internet without the ethernet. I have updated the wifi card online and it did need it. I have an Acer its about 3 or 4 yrs old. I thought maybe it might be the f3 key which turns the wifi on and off but that didnt help either. Any help...
  9. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi): Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS. So...
  10. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet: Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off. I have tried changing the...