Windows 10: Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

Discus and support Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Rebooting and resetting didn't fix the problem Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaeMasitto, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

Rebooting and resetting didn't fix the problem

KaeMasitto, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello all, I really hope you can help me.

I have a Surface 3 and a few days ago my home WiFi stoped working on it. I have no problems connecting with my laptop but whenever I attempt to connect on my tablet the connection shows I have no Internet access and then immediately redirects me to the login page for the router.

I'm able to login to the router with no issues and it shows that my tablet is connected but trying to go to any other Web page just redirects me back to the router login.

I can login to the mobile hotspot via my phone and access the Web just fine but the network at home refuses to work.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and everything here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...nection-issues but the problem persists

:)

KaeMasitto, Apr 26, 2018
  3. Kyosu13 Win User
    Wifi login page won't pop up after update

I recently updated my laptop and now it won't connect to my school's wifi or any public wifi. Whenever I try to connect, it doesn't lead me to the login page, but a page that says I need to login to access the wifi, which is what I am trying to do. The
    wifi login page was about to load, but then it's redirected to the page telling me I have to login to access the wifi. I've tried solving the problem, but none of the solutions I have found worked. Any suggestions as to how to make the login page pop up?

Kyosu13, Apr 26, 2018
  4. Elrendhel Win User

Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

WiFi on WM 6.1

After giving it some thought, I realized something quite obvious that I should have throught about before: have you tried connecting to a non-commercial Hotspot, like a friends house who has WiFi?

I ask because at the airport and other locations, you *ARE* able to connect to the router. I am presuming this means you are getting an IP address, or the WiFi icon advises that you are "connected". But these same locations probably do *not* let you browse
    the internet for free. What they will usually do is redirect you to a separate login page where you need to enter a username and password to show that you have a registered paying account to access the web. Even if it's a truly free service, most places
    (like Panera) will do the redirect to their End User Agreement form which you have to agree with, then click on the connect button in order to get access to the internet.

So, try connecting at a friends house who has WiFi and see what happens. I would guess that you are able to browse the internet. If so, then your problem is not with WiFi, it's with whatever method the commercial hotspots use to redirect your web-browser
    (javascript, etc) to the login-page.

Elrendhel, Apr 26, 2018
  5. Try closing your Surface 3, then rebooting your router. If that did not help, then do the same as before, but instead of rebooting the router, reset it and try again.

If that did not help either, then let us know, and we'll take a closer look at what is going on.

slicendice, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

1. Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page - Similar Threads - Wifi shows connected

2. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page: I cannot connect my internet to my college network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-page-is-not-redirecting-to-browser-for-login/2a3fd9ff-cbb6-4138-9712-a50cf617e5e8
  3. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page: I cannot connect my internet to my college network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-page-is-not-redirecting-to-browser-for-login/2a3fd9ff-cbb6-4138-9712-a50cf617e5e8
  4. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  6. How am i accessing router login page through a VPN connection.

How am i accessing router login page through a VPN connection.: Recently i have changed my ISP router to a third party router, and somehow i can access my router login page through a VPN connection but i cant access my USB NAS, Technically i should not be able to access anything on local network through a VPN. I don't understand this...
  7. Router login page not working

Router login page not working: Router login page not working... pics... [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/router-login-page-not-working/ee6b7099-1059-4636-8840-4f32cfc988b6
  8. Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when...: I am having a problem that occurred suddenly where my WiFi connection would show "connected, no internet access" But I do have internet access. After running Network Troubleshooting it says I need to Login to my ISP which them proceeds to redirect me on any browser to a Spam...
  9. Wyfi connection on public domains which require a redirect to a login page

Wyfi connection on public domains which require a redirect to a login page: Cannot sign into hotels, public sites like Star Bucks. The "msftconnecttest" page fails after a minute of two. No problem with connection to our secure home network. As a test, my iPhone will connect to these public sites....
  10. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi shows connected no access redirects to router login page