Windows 10: Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect

Discus and support Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, and since yesterday have been having a problem where the laptop suddenly thinks it can't access the internet. Whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CathWalls, Jun 17, 2021.

1. CathWalls Win User

Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect

I am using Windows 10, and since yesterday have been having a problem where the laptop suddenly thinks it can't access the internet. Whatever application I am using continues to work, but all other apps shows warning icons and say they can't connect.For example, I was on a Teams call. Ten minutes in, the Outlook icon in my task bar showed a yellow warning triangle, and I was unable to access any websites via a web browser. However, the Teams call continued to work - I could still hear my colleagues and they could still hear me.When I looked at the wifi information, it showed

:)

CathWalls, Jun 17, 2021
  2. provlima Win User

Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
    I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
    Is this a new Xfinity feature??

provlima, Jun 17, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect

1. Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect - Similar Threads - Wifi shows internet

2. Wifi connected; no internet, secured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connected; no internet, secured: Hello,I am having issues connecting to my home wifi network.Whenever I try and connect on my laptop HP Envy x360 to my wifi, it gets stuck at no internet, secured.Other people's devices are not having any issues although oddly my iPhone is suddenly not able to connect...
  3. Wifi secured but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi secured but no internet connection?: The other night my internet crashed for a few seconds, it booted back up as usual, but when I tried reconnecting to my wifi, it says it’s secured but no internet. I’ve tried all the tips on the internet and got no results. Any one have any solutions for this?...
  4. Wifi secured but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi secured but no internet connection?: The other night my internet crashed for a few seconds, it booted back up as usual, but when I tried reconnecting to my wifi, it says it’s secured but no internet. I’ve tried all the tips on the internet and got no results. Any one have any solutions for this?...
  5. Internet is connected but shows not connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but shows not connected: I have this problem where even though I'm connected to my modem via eternet cord or wifi when i connect for a second it says I'm connected but then it starts showing that I'm not connected. I don't understand why it keeps doing this I've reset my pc and also the network...
  6. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...
  7. Wifi Connected & Secure But No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Connected & Secure But No Internet: Yesterday I came back home and was ready to message some of my pals and set up a stream, but the computer wouldn't properly connect to the internet. I managed to get it so it registers that the wifi is connected to the internet and connect to it, but when I try using anything...
  8. Internet Connections Not Showing

Internet Connections Not Showing: I started my computer and had the intel net update. I got through to the install, but it wasn’t installing, so I cancelled the install, and my internet wouldn’t connect. I was wondering if anyone knew a fix to this....
  9. Not showing WiFi connection

Not showing WiFi connection: I am using hp laptop with windows 10 .The laptop can't get identify any WiFi networks.But it can connect through ethernet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-wifi-connection/d0653e48-49f9-433d-8611-a3bac0c4823b
  10. WIFI Connection: no internet, secured

WIFI Connection: no internet, secured: does anyone know how to fix my wifi? I can connect to it but then it says I have no wifi and the connection is secured. tried many ways like going in control panel and stuff but it didn't work....