Windows 10: WiFi shows only one access point and I cannot connect to that either. I need to diagnose it...

Discus and support WiFi shows only one access point and I cannot connect to that either. I need to diagnose it... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Wifi-stop-working-Win10-shows-only-one-network-and-it-doesn/m-p/5496595#M1916 Above mentioned link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VigneshReddy, Jun 2, 2019.

1. WiFi shows only one access point and I cannot connect to that either. I need to diagnose it...

VigneshReddy, Jun 2, 2019
  2. pgoelz Win User

Wired PC shows in list of WiFi access points

I'm on the fall creators update on a laptop. The laptop is connected to my router via WiFi. I also have one wired PC on the network. I just noticed that the wired PC shows up at the top of the list of networks (complete with a "connect" button) when I
    single left click on the WiFi icon in the system tray to show a list of WiFi access points. This is new behavior (with the FCU?) and I can't for the life of me find any information anywhere regarding why the wired PC shows up. If I click "connect", the process
    simply stalls until I click "cancel". Is this supposed to be some way to enable connection sharing? Or an RDP connection?

Anyone?

Paul

pgoelz, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Lumia 1520 not connecting to known wifi access point

Since Cyan , my lumia 1520 occasionally fails to connect to known wifi access points like my home acess point. I havent been able to confirm a pattern yet, but in most cases a restart is required, or having to manualy reconnect by going to the wifi settings.

Today for instance the router restarted, and all my devices reconnected except the lumia. Going to the wifi settings, the network was visible and listed, just no automatic reconnection.

Anyone face this ? any suggestions ?

Ever since cyan, while there are a few new features the overall consistency and stability seems to have gone.. with lots of niggly issues!

jojogobi---01, Jun 2, 2019
  4. WiFi shows only one access point and I cannot connect to that either. I need to diagnose it...

WiFi connection

Hello Santhosh,

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you experiencing the same issue with other devices too?

If you are able to connect to other device, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Toggle Wi-Fi

• Forget/reconnect to Wi-Fi access point

• tested multiple access points and different locations

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

WiFi shows only one access point and I cannot connect to that either. I need to diagnose it...

1. WiFi shows only one access point and I cannot connect to that either. I need to diagnose it... - Similar Threads - WiFi shows access

2. I need help connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help connect to wifi: My computer, before being restarted due to facing an unexpected loop error, was able to connect to wifi while being setup. Right now, ethernet is enabled but I am unable to connect to wifi at all. How do I connect to wifi without buying a wifi adapter?Before this problem, I...
  3. I need help connecting to wifi

I need help connecting to wifi: Wifi wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-connecting-to-wifi/dc4a3bb9-bd46-4ba0-9fb6-4ac10f1c86f8
  4. I need help connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help connecting to wifi: Wifi wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-connecting-to-wifi/dc4a3bb9-bd46-4ba0-9fb6-4ac10f1c86f8
  5. WIFI only showing one bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI only showing one bar.: My Wifi signal is only showing one or two bars for a few days now and this is affecting my work. All my other devices are showing full wifi strength. I have tried many solutions which I saw on youtube but nothing seems to be working....
  6. WIFI only showing one bar.

WIFI only showing one bar.: My Wifi signal is only showing one or two bars for a few days now and this is affecting my work. All my other devices are showing full wifi strength. I have tried many solutions which I saw on youtube but nothing seems to be working....
  7. WIFI only showing one bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Lock down Windows 10 devices WiFi connection choice to only use one Access Point, access...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock down Windows 10 devices WiFi connection choice to only use one Access Point, access...: Hello is there currently a option to disable choice of WiFi APs to lock down the system to only work with one access point or a list of system admin approved access points? Just like mac address lock downs for routers however in reverse pointing toward the wireless router....
  9. Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode: Hey i need help asap, currently i got problem with connecting to my wifi on win 10. Lately when its happen when i got no internet on my connected wifi , then i click disconnected and this thing happen. Only this symbol showed up like computer with red cross and ithere is...
  10. I only need one account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I only need one account: For my windows 10 i am using my email to login but i have another account which i want to remove, the account is able to type in username and password. I have tried removing it from control panel but it only just shows my account pls help. thanks. 56919