Windows 10: WiFi Signal Fluctuation at specific times, indication of malware?

Discus and support WiFi Signal Fluctuation at specific times, indication of malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For around roughly 2-3 years both my internet browser (Google Chrome) and WiFi signal icon have been giving me signs of skepticism. I've noticed at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarronMartins, Jun 29, 2019.

1. WiFi Signal Fluctuation at specific times, indication of malware?

For around roughly 2-3 years both my internet browser (Google Chrome) and WiFi signal icon have been giving me signs of skepticism. I've noticed at times right before i visit a site, there is a brief connection reset, the pages JavaScript/CSS doesn't load upon the first connection or in between the connection my WiFi signal will fluctuate from full bars (4/4) to (3/4). I've also noticed at late times when i am the only user on the network, the WiFi signal icon will drop to (3/4) and remain at that status for roughly around 4-6 hours before others are using the network. The final sign i have noticed is that terminal shell scripts will execute upon startup occasionally and i managed to pickup what one of them said, it read something along the lines of an error establishing file sync because i had never setup One Drive. Are these indications, signs of possible malware and if so what would be the best precautions to take. Note: I have communicated these observations to other users on the network, however in response i have been called paranoid and i dont think they are willing to take the extreme measures to wipe any possible malware existing on the network.

:)

DarronMartins, Jun 29, 2019

2. wifi signal fluctuates

My wifi signal strength was working good when i bought my lumia 640xl...bt since i upgraded to win10...the signal fluctuates even though on my pc and other devices at my home the signal strength is strong...please suggest a solution...thank you

AishwaryaAnarse, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 wifi fluctuating signal strength

Current Windows 10 version - 1703 OS Build - 15063.332
    HP 15-r

Wifi signal strength and speed started fluctuating after creator update.
    Tried everything(resetting windows, router)

Signal sensitivity was the problem, it was on medium(which is default) so i disabled it and the wifi was back to normal.

The problem is when ever I restart or sleep my laptop the setting stays the same but wifi starts to fluctuate, so i have to change it to low then back to disable, which is really annoying.

How do I solve that?

Finnick Odair, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Arnie Est Win User

WiFi Signal Fluctuation at specific times, indication of malware?

wifi signal fluctuates

Hello
    AishwaryaAnarse

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

As for your concern, you may try to follow the troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Restart your phone, check the WiFi connection icon on the phone screen, and move closer to a WiFi access point to get a better signal.
    • Make sure your phone is not in the Battery saver mode (Settings > System >Battery saver, Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > battery
      saver
      ).
    • Disable Bluetooth connectivity in your phone while being connected to a WiFi (Settings > Devices > Bluetooth, Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings >Bluetooth).
      Bluetooth and WiFi operate on the same frequency range and may interfere with each other.
    • If you cannot connect to a network that you have connected to before, try deleting the network from your phone: Settings > Network & wireless > WiFi> Manage,
      under Known networks, tap and hold the network name, then tap Delete. (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > WiFi > manage (advanced),
      under Known networks, tap and hold the network name, then tap Delete.) Deleting the network will delete the associated settings on your phone. After that, tap the WiFi network in the list of networks,
      then try to connect again.
    • If there is no SIM card in your phone, try inserting a SIM and check that you are not in the airplane mode. If there is no SIM card in the phone, some of the country-specific WiFi features may not be available when your phone does not know its location.
    • Check if you can connect with your phone to another WiFi network (for example using the internet sharing feature of another phone).
    • Using your mobile data, check if there is new software available for your phone: tap Settings > Update & security > Phone update (Lumia
      with Windows Phone 8: Settings > phone update).
    Hope this helps.

Arnie Est, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Signal Fluctuation at specific times, indication of malware?

1. WiFi Signal Fluctuation at specific times, indication of malware? - Similar Threads - WiFi Signal Fluctuation

2. Battery indicator fluctuate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery indicator fluctuate: HiI recently purchased the Samsung galaxy book pro 360 2 in 1 laptop 13.3-inch screen. The device works perfectly with windows 11 except for the battery. First of all, the battery life is very poor and does not match the claim in the specs of 22 hours battery life. But my...
  3. Battery indicator fluctuate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery indicator fluctuate: HiI recently purchased the Samsung galaxy book pro 360 2 in 1 laptop 13.3-inch screen. The device works perfectly with windows 11 except for the battery. First of all, the battery life is very poor and does not match the claim in the specs of 22 hours battery life. But my...
  4. WiFi signal Inconsistent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi signal Inconsistent: So I have an MSI laptop that has been doing great up until the last month. Suddenly it's overheating like crazy so I'm working on fixing that. But the other day the wifi started being an issue. At first I thought it was the router but all of the other devices are working....
  5. Wifi 5ghz signal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  6. Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps dropping, wifi signal is strong the whole time: My windows 10 PC keeps dropping the internet connection. I don't mean the wifi; that is available and strong the whole time, just the internet. Other computers and devices in the home are fine. Even the internet TV located in the same room is fine, so it's something to do...
  7. WIFI signal

WIFI signal: Would the newest Windows 10 update cause my older Toshiba Satelite laptop to not be able to recognize my WIFI signal? Since about mid-May, my Xfinity WIFI signal is not displayed in the Network Internet access popup box. I can see many of my neighbors' signals at a much...
  8. WiFi signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi signal: Hello I installed Windows 10 recently, I saw the signal is not normal as usual The router is very close to the laptop and the signal is very weak. Notic:-(changed my hard drive to ssd)...
  9. weak wifi signal

weak wifi signal: hi everyone i´m runnig a toshiba win 10 my wifi signal is weak and sometimes i cannot connect connect to the network at least that´s what´s written on the wifi window although it works perfectly on all my devices. loging off the wifi happend multiple times and i wish...
  10. pc wifi signal

pc wifi signal: hi after having my pc fixed after a software malfunction the wifi strength is very poor, only getting 3-4 mbps at best, where it used to be 20+. This issue only affects this pc all other devices are fine. I have tried what i thought could be the problem but to no avail. Any...