Windows 10: WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

Discus and support WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am not any good with networking, so I am asking here. My WiFi router is placed at the first floor; and my entire home (two floors) was well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arc, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ARC
    Arc Win User

WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

Hi.
    I am not any good with networking, so I am asking here.

My WiFi router is placed at the first floor; and my entire home (two floors) was well served by it. For about a week, I was noticing that the WiFi signal strength is reducing in some rooms of the ground floor. Today I have noticed that my devices are not getting any signal in the first floor; but those are getting the signals from my neighbors properly.

Is there anything to be done from my part, or I need to call the tech from my ISP?

I know that the tech will solve the issue; but if I can do it myself with the help of my beloved fellow members, that would be cool.

Thanks a lot.

:)

2. Wifi signal weak due to a security update

Hi,

There is a problem with the wifi signals on my laptop running on windows 10. Till few days ago everything was working fine but after a routine windows update suddenly the wifi networks which were once having a very good signal strengths began to reduce and
    were not being displayed on the wifi search results.

I had to sit near the wifi router which I am using for internet to get the required signal strength. The reason I say this issue is caused by the windows security update (KB4022725) is because when I just restart my system for a few seconds all the available
    signals with full strength gets displayed. After that, I assume some program runs as apart of the windows security update and apply's some changes to block the signals back again.

I am unable to pinpoint which program it is. I tried to undo the install KB4022725 but it is not giving me the unstall option for this update. Please help me !!!!!!!!!

Thanks

AshleshKumar, Jun 13, 2016
  3. CJLim Win User
    can't get nokia 5800 wifi signal.

Wifi signal strength has nothing to do with the network you are with. Wifi signal strength is dependent on the distance between your phone and the wifi router. Is it your own wifi at home that you are using?

CJLim, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

it could partly be the wifi channel your router is on has now become more congested , there are apps for mobile phones that will show you the strengths of the various wifi signals , might be worth checking the signals at various points to see what channels are least used and trying to set the router channel to one of those.

Generally though , most guides point to the best positioning for a router to be at the lowest point in a property with the signal being directed upwards , perhaps with a repeater to fill in the gaps higher up.

Wullail, Jun 13, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Thanks! Which mobile app do you suggest?

When the router was installed, it was checked and the best place was selected. All the issue appeared very recently.

Thema:

1. WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced. - Similar Threads - WiFi signal strength

2. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10: My wifi just keeps disconnecting time to time and it rarely even connects to any wifi. The Signal Strength is very low. My all devices can connects with wifi showing max signal strenght but windows can't why ?...
  3. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10: My wifi just keeps disconnecting time to time and it rarely even connects to any wifi. The Signal Strength is very low. My all devices can connects with wifi showing max signal strenght but windows can't why ?...
  4. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Windows lie about my wifi signal strength?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows lie about my wifi signal strength?: I thought my wifi signal was strong because Windows' tray icon usually shows full or almost full bars, and I wondered why it was so slow at times. But then I took a look at my router admin interface and... low signal strength?! -65 dBm and 12 Mbps?! What's going on? Why is...
  6. Perfect signal strength, slow Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perfect signal strength, slow Internet: Perfect signal strength still gives ridiculously slow Internet. I have tried these solutions and they are useless - reset/diagnose this and that (temporary solution until next time, not a fix) I will not even try these - reset the OS (just won't do that, period)...
  7. Signal strength mystery

Signal strength mystery: A technical mystery. It starts with a coax line that carries both a Direct TV line and a cable modem line. With a standard coax spitter, the two signals are easily divided between a Direct TV receiver and a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with no trouble. However, when I attach a...
  8. Devolo 500 Signal Strength

Devolo 500 Signal Strength: I have the following set up. Router connected to Dlan 500 duo with Cat5 cable Two dlan 500 Wifi: One located on the same floor, (Drawing Room) as the Router and one on the floor below (Xander) Using Cockpit the signal strength to Drawing Room is 200 Mbits/s and to Xander 74...
  9. Wifi keeps on losing signal strength

Wifi keeps on losing signal strength: So I Google Searched every possible solution and nothing really helped, I even went to the point going to the configure in Network Adapter Settings > Configure > Ticked off Allowed The Computer To Turn Off This Device To Save Power It worked For 15 minutes or so, then the...
  10. Horrible WIFI Signal Strength after installing Windows 10 PLEASE HELP

Horrible WIFI Signal Strength after installing Windows 10 PLEASE HELP: Hello everyone, I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop Acer Aspire V5-552P-X440 and since then my WIFI signal strength has been terrible. I have a range of about 10ft in open space from the router before the signal is lost. The adapter is an Atheros AR5BWB222...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wiindow10 decreasing my wiifi signal

2. wifi strength decrease suddenly