Windows 10: WiFi Slow All of a Sudden

Discus and support WiFi Slow All of a Sudden in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Over the past few days my WiFi speed has been 1-4mb down, 1mb up. It used to be around 20mb down, 10mb up. This coincided with a Windows update on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MitchellEC, Jun 14, 2020.

1. WiFi Slow All of a Sudden

Over the past few days my WiFi speed has been 1-4mb down, 1mb up. It used to be around 20mb down, 10mb up. This coincided with a Windows update on June 11, but I've uninstalled the update Security Update for Adobe Flash Player to no effect. This is certainly a problem with my computer and not the router or ISP, as all of the many other devices on the network have no problems 90mb down, 30mb up in one case. I pinged the router and the latency ranged from 20ms to 2000ms with the average being 600ms. I've tried the troubleshooters for both Internet Connections and Network Adapter, but both returned no problems. I've checked the Network Adapter for updates and there have been none since 2010. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Network Adapter driver to no effect. Nothing is being downloaded, when I look at the Task Manager, there is little activity displayed on the WiFi section usually 0kbps send/receive, though sometimes spiking to 100kbps sent or received, and when I look at Resource Monitor, there is a negligible amount of activity there as well svchost taking up a tiny amount of network activity, though just this Chrome window alone is using the most.

Has my WiFi card broken? It is listed as "DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card" under Device Manager.

:)

MitchellEC, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Jun 14, 2020
  3. 1nf3rn0x Win User
    Why is my wifi slow?

I'm just wondering why my wifi connection has slowed down all of a sudden?

My internet is 100-110Mb/ps and I could get a fast connection over wifi. 7-9MB ps

WiFi Slow All of a Sudden DL.jpg

But now, I can barely get over 1Mb per second. Everything seems fine though.

WiFi Slow All of a Sudden dl%20now.jpg

1nf3rn0x, Jun 14, 2020
  4. WiFi Slow All of a Sudden

Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Slow All of a Sudden

1. WiFi Slow All of a Sudden - Similar Threads - WiFi Slow Sudden

2. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi all of a sudden rubbish: Hello, So I used to have very quick Wi-Fi on my pc up to 60mb download speed but all of a sudden it is rubbish barely reacting 5mb download speed and I’m not sure why could anyone help me get it back to its original speed. I know it’s not to do with my router as it’s fine on...
  3. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi all of a sudden rubbish: Hello, So I used to have very quick Wi-Fi on my pc up to 60mb download speed but all of a sudden it is rubbish barely reacting 5mb download speed and I’m not sure why could anyone help me get it back to its original speed. I know it’s not to do with my router as it’s fine on...
  4. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer slowing down all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slowing down all of a sudden: Hello, i wanted to know why my computer had become EXTREMELY slow after a blue screen. Could this be caused from gaming bcuz i use a gaming laptop and whenever i run games on it cpu runs at 95c. After the blue screen my computer has been so slow that it wont even open discord...
  6. Slow PC all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow PC all of a sudden: So around the beginning of this month, my Laptop just suddenly became really slow. It takes forever to boot up and to load simple things like file explorer. I scanned for a virus using windows defender but nothing showed up so I tried malware bytes and it said it found...
  7. Slow PC all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow PC all of a sudden: So around the beginning of this month, my Laptop just suddenly became really slow. It takes forever to boot up and to load simple things like file explorer. I scanned for a virus using windows defender but nothing showed up so I tried malware bytes and it said it found...
  8. Slow internet all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet all of a sudden?: I checked other devices and they seem to be working just fine. About a week or 2 ago I was having issues with my internet on my PC slowing down after having my computer on for a day or 2 and a simple reboot would seem to fix it but now im having terrible internet that isnt...
  9. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers startup slow all of a sudden: Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens...
  10. Windows slow all the sudden

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows slow all the sudden: Windows suddenly really slow to load up. Apps locking up. Even task manager locking up. File explorer not even opening. Reset didn't work. Am now in the middle of clean install from USB. Time from power up to setup screen almost an hour. Click anything and it takes at least...