Windows 10: wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping

Discus and support wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, if I leave the laptop and it goes in sleeping mode, when I try to wake it up, the wifi takes 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FabrizioTronchin, Dec 27, 2020.

1. wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping

Hi everyone,

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, if I leave the laptop and it goes in sleeping mode, when I try to wake it up, the wifi takes 1 minutes to find the network and to connect to it.

I would like to wake the pc and start to use it immediately....not to wait so long....anyone find an issue to solve this problem ?

Thank you!

:)

FabrizioTronchin, Dec 27, 2020
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Dec 27, 2020
  3. e61i slow wifi

Hello,

I have an e61i and the wifi works but the download is slow. I compare it with a laptop connected to the same wifi access point and the laptop is about 10x faster at least. Any suggestions? phone is new so it has relatively latest software. thanks for any suggestions.

Daniel

laboheme---01, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Mayfly Win User

wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping

Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps

After the laptop has been to sleep the WIFI is very slow to reconnect, it can take up to 2 minutes. Trouble shooter just says reconnect cable. Sometimes won't reconnect at all.
    HP Envy 17" Windows 10, latest update installed, last checked this morning driver says the latest is installed.

No other devices are affected. I seem to have lost the WIFI symbol in the system tray and now have a white square with a red X through it as tho' it doesn't recognise the laptop is WIFI enabled. All is fine via ethernet cable. It started off by having to manually reconnect after sleep, even tho' 'connect automatically' is checked.

I've tried all the usual trouble shooting recommendations such as Device manager > WIFI > power settings and made sure the box 'allow this computer to turn off this device to save power' is unchecked etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mayfly, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping

1. wifi slow to connect after laptop sleeping - Similar Threads - wifi slow connect

2. My Laptop is slow after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Laptop is slow after sleep: I hope what someone can help me. Pd: i'm non native speaker of english, some mistakes is not my intention Laptop specification: Device name Tesla-X-01 (hp laptop 15 dw0081wm) Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.82 GB...
  3. slow WIFI connection on my laptop Lenovo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow WIFI connection on my laptop Lenovo: pls need help with my slowWIFI connection on my laptop Lenovo, I don't where the the issue from I tried all the solutions out there but till now no solution to my problem the speed is working on my brother laptop fine at full speed and in all solution that I tried I...
  4. Ethernet slow to connect after sleep or reboot

Ethernet slow to connect after sleep or reboot: Hello all, Another user has posted a similar thread but I wanted to create a new one just to see if anyone is having similar issues. When my computer used to reboot or wake from sleep my ethernet would be immediately connected. I could type in my password, click on chrome,...
  5. Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate

Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate: After a while, for some reasons, I am experiencing some problems with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernation, the WiFi is not connected. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my WiFi working. Like I...
  6. Laptop wont connect to Wifi automatically or manually after sleep or restart

Laptop wont connect to Wifi automatically or manually after sleep or restart: My laptop wont connect either automatically or manually to Wifi after sleep/restart. The Wifi in home is very much on and working on all the other devices. OS: Windows 10 Pro This issue is super annoying. I am in need of help please. Thanks...
  7. no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book: On my Surface Book I have no internet connection after I wake it up from sleep. Wifi is connected, but just showing no internet. Turning it off and on again helps sometimes, but sometimes I have to reboot. Seriously annoyed by this and probably the last time I'll use one of...
  8. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode: Hello, We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode. So each time on wake up we have to click the "Disconnect" button on our Wifi connection and then the "Connect" button. It's...
  9. 2 different laptops very slow to re-connect to wifi after sleep.

2 different laptops very slow to re-connect to wifi after sleep.: Sometime in 2017 I noticed that my Dell Inspiron 3451 was not properly connecting to my access point after coming out of sleep. Most of the time it would auto reconnect but could take a minute or two to do it. My daughter reported a similar situation on her asus laptop at...
  10. Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps

Wifi very slow to connect after PC sleeps: After the laptop has been to sleep the WIFI is very slow to reconnect, it can take up to 2 minutes. Trouble shooter just says reconnect cable. Sometimes won't reconnect at all. HP Envy 17" Windows 10, latest update installed, last checked this morning driver says the latest...