Windows 10: WiFi sometimes doesn't connect with 11 a/b/g/n/ac but connects with 11 b.

Discus and support WiFi sometimes doesn't connect with 11 a/b/g/n/ac but connects with 11 b. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can change my WiFi properties or wireless mode to 1 - 11 b or 12 - 11a/b/g/n/ac. The default setting under wireless mode in my Laptop was 12 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PO5IT1VE, Feb 15, 2021.

1. WiFi sometimes doesn't connect with 11 a/b/g/n/ac but connects with 11 b.

I can change my WiFi properties or wireless mode to 1 - 11 b or 12 - 11a/b/g/n/ac.

The default setting under wireless mode in my Laptop was 12 - 11a/b/g/n/ac and it works fine for the most part but sometimes when we have a power cut or when I restart my laptop it just won't connect to the WiFi while other devices work fine. Mind that this only rarely happen but even when I restart my router it's the same thing and then suddenly after sometime it starts working again.

I found a solution which is when I change it to 11 b on my laptop it works fine but it's also very slow.

What could be the problem? Also there was this weird thing that when I connect my iPhone to the WiFi and try again in my laptop then it works fine.

submitted by /u/PO5IT1VE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PO5IT1VE, Feb 15, 2021
  2. ariefcfa Win User

Laptop WLAN adapter b/g/n/ac (1x1) Unable to Connect to 40Mhz Channel Width WiFi Network

Many of clients (smartphones, computers) can connect to this office WiFi network, but not this laptop with Realtek RTL8xxx b/g/n/ac (1x1) adapter. I forget about the radio band of the WiFi router--maybe 2.4Ghz--but it is configured with 40Mhz channel width. I don't understand, why a client with newer wlan adapter that capable to connect in 20Mhz or 40Mhz mode channel width, unable to connect to the wifi router even if the router configured running in 2.4Ghz band and 40Mhz channel width. Please help me. Thanks

ariefcfa, Feb 15, 2021
  3. my WiFi can read only b,g,n my router 1700ac my phone cannot read a,ac WiFi my friend have Lumia 950 the same problem.

Hi

I have Lumia 950 xl my WiFi can read only b,g,n my router 1700ac my phone cannot read a,ac WiFi my friend have Lumia 950 the same problem. knowing from within WiFi spec b,g,n,a,ac

Original Title: wifi

WhameedAl Obeidy, Feb 15, 2021
  4. WiFi sometimes doesn't connect with 11 a/b/g/n/ac but connects with 11 b.

Network Adapter Wireless not showing B & N and not supporting 5GHZ

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are using any modem or router.

I would like to inform you that to connect to the 5 GHz band, the card must be rated as A/B/G/N, or AC. I suggest you to check if the router, modem and card are rated A/B/G/N, or AC. Since the card does not show n, this means that
    the card does not support the n band.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

WiFi sometimes doesn't connect with 11 a/b/g/n/ac but connects with 11 b.

1. WiFi sometimes doesn't connect with 11 a/b/g/n/ac but connects with 11 b. - Similar Threads - WiFi sometimes doesn't

2. My keys b/n and spacebar are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keys b/n and spacebar are not working: Done trouble shooting,no breakage... Good as new. Windows 11 dell inspiron 5593 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-bn-and-spacebar-are-not-working/1c54df4a-019a-457d-9deb-f236439f410d
  3. Choosing Wifi Direct Connection Mode ax/a/b/g/n/ac on Microsoft Wifi Virtual Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choosing Wifi Direct Connection Mode ax/a/b/g/n/ac on Microsoft Wifi Virtual Adapter Driver: Hi,I'm using Windows 11, Asus Rog Pc and my wifi card is Mediatek MT7921,i' ve searched everywhere on internet but did not find any answer about my question.I want to control or change the connection mode on the virtual adapter while connecting my computer to the television...
  4. Choosing Wifi Direct Connection Mode ax/a/b/g/n/ac on Microsoft Wifi Virtual Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choosing Wifi Direct Connection Mode ax/a/b/g/n/ac on Microsoft Wifi Virtual Adapter Driver: Hi,I'm using Windows 11, Asus Rog Pc and my wifi card is Mediatek MT7921,i' ve searched everywhere on internet but did not find any answer about my question.I want to control or change the connection mode on the virtual adapter while connecting my computer to the television...
  5. B/n KEYS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    B/n KEYS: MY "B" and "N" Keys turn on caps lock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bn-keys/fabe3dde-0b18-46f9-9837-8ef15197d08c
  6. b, n and space is freezing

b, n and space is freezing: b, n and space on my keyboard is freezing. If I don't have used the keyboard in some minutes, I will have to tap b, n, or space several times before its starts working again. Whenever its starting, its gets back to normal. I have a Lenovo Yoga. Thaks!...
  7. AC Wifi and N Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AC Wifi and N Wifi: Hello! I'm having a problem with my new laptop. Basically, my laptop connects most of the time with the protocol 802.11n 2.4Ghz which is too slow for me 5mb/s. Sometimes it connects to the AC protocol and my internet is very fast! So why it does not stick in the AC? Thank...
  8. N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes

N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes: Time after time lower part of the keyboard starts missing key presses. Especially keys N B space down arrow and few others in the same area. It feels like it works most of the time, but sometimes stops working for several hit cycles or until you press other keys. I googled...
  9. B&N Nook not recognized

B&N Nook not recognized: Good morning, I have a Nook that I am trying to connect to my PC but it does not show up in Device Manager. I found a thread that said to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, but I am using Windows 10 and that troubleshooter does not exist on my machine. I did not try...
  10. N/B/running hot

N/B/running hot: My North Bridge is at 126%. It's on a Asus Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard [img] Now this one I built for my boy and it sat lol for about a year. I'M RIDING IT NOW. Is that to hot for it. I no the N/B gets hotter than S/B due to air flow. And I did have a 3500RPM...