Windows 10: WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and...

Discus and support WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop. 8 GB RAM, 240 GB Kingston SSD and an 1 TB HDD with an. i5 core. Recently I installed Windows 10 on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nickolasbrandon, Jan 21, 2020.

1. WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and...

Hello,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop. 8 GB RAM, 240 GB Kingston SSD and an 1 TB HDD with an. i5 core. Recently I installed Windows 10 on the SSD with a flash drive, and every time I would open the computer, it would prompt me if I wanted to open it with Windows 10 Volume 5 and Windows 10 Volume 2. Volume 5 was on the HDD and Volume 2 was on the SSD. I looked for a way to avoid this screen and save some space by deleting the Windows 10 on the HDD, I accomplished this, and it must have taken the drivers for my WiFi and Speakers with it. My laptop no longer recognizes the speakers as being connected and does not give the me the option for WiFi or Ethernet under Network Settings.

I decided to tackle the WiFi issue first and I opened up the device manager Windows Key + X, and found the Network adapters working fine there are two of them, a Realtek and a Intelr wireless adapter. I looked up another guide to fix this which told me to uninstall the driver and reinstall, I did this with the Realtek driver, which now has an orange exclamation point next to it and gives me a “Code 56” because Windows is not done setting it up, or something along the lines of that. I looked up this code, and it was something to do with VPNs, which I have NEVER used on this laptop. I tried updating the drivers, rolling back the drivers to a previous version, and went into the Services to turn on the WLAN autoconfig services, which were disabled and now switched to “automatic”. Nothing works, I am completely lost and feel as if the computer is beyond repair.

:)

nickolasbrandon, Jan 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, Jan 21, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Installing W10 on this Laptop

Wifi works but where's the link he mentions in the link above? not seeing it

rk3066, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and...

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and... [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and...

1. WiFi/Speakers Not Functioning for Gaming Laptop after Windows 10 installation on SSD and... - Similar Threads - WiFi Speakers Functioning

2. No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11: Dear all who may have the same problem as mine,I have installed the new Windows 11 on my laptop. Everything was fine right after the installation and then, I turn off my laptop. After a few hours, I turned on back my laptop and I can't hear any sounds as I played the usual...
  3. No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11: Dear all who may have the same problem as mine,I have installed the new Windows 11 on my laptop. Everything was fine right after the installation and then, I turn off my laptop. After a few hours, I turned on back my laptop and I can't hear any sounds as I played the usual...
  4. Not able to connect via wifi after installing an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to connect via wifi after installing an ssd: So I installed an sata m.2 ssd to my laptop which is acer aspire 3 ryzen 5 2500u model. While installing windows 10 to the ssd i was able to connect to the wifi in the setup. But after booting to the windows it does not show the wifi available near me. I tried inspecting the...
  5. Windows 10 says no speaker device is installed after unplugging headphones on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 says no speaker device is installed after unplugging headphones on laptop: Hello guys. So I noticed that once I unplugg my headphones, I see that little red cross on the speaker icon on the taskbar. When I hover my mouse on it, it says that no speaker device is installed. I did this method of fixing, but it was temporary and the problem happened...
  6. Games cant function after windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Games cant function after windows 10 reset: Well, I had multiple games on my windows 10 laptop which I played frequently since 2015. Due to some issues with my laptop I had to reset windows 10. But then when I tried to access the game, it didn't open. not even a blank screen. I tried re-installing the games, but to no...
  7. Installing speakers to laptop

Installing speakers to laptop: How do I get speakers attached to my Toshiba satellite laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-speakers-to-laptop/c2b4d2aa-b91a-446c-9f09-299847709cca
  8. Upgrading laptop to SSD after Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading laptop to SSD after Windows 10 installation: Hello all, I have a Dell laptop, XPS L501X, and have just upgraded it to Windows 10 (v 1903). The computer is 64bit, 8GB installed RAM, Intel i5 CPU and bought in 2011/12. All seems to be going surprisingly well and I feel the upgrade has given the computer a new...
  9. Connecting WiFi-speakers to a windows laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting WiFi-speakers to a windows laptop: Hello, I have a problem where I can not connect my speakers to my laptop using only WiFi connection. I can do it perfectly on my iOS Apple iPhone and other Apple devices. I don't know why it isn't possible on my laptop. It only shows that the receiver is able to be...
  10. After installing windows 10 on my lenovo G510 laptop speaker are not working

After installing windows 10 on my lenovo G510 laptop speaker are not working: i am using lenovo G-510 laptop. Couple of months(20-07-2018) before i upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from windows 8 home basic. after upgrade i notice there is sound problem in my laptop. speakers are not working. below error (0x800705b4) shown in windows update...