Windows 10: WiFi speed drops to ZERO

Discus and support WiFi speed drops to ZERO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The WiFi speed suddenly drops to ZERO. It fluctuates between the maximum speed and zero, and then finally sticks to ZERO. I have tried almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RizwanMohnavi, Jan 27, 2019.

1. WiFi speed drops to ZERO

The WiFi speed suddenly drops to ZERO. It fluctuates between the maximum speed and zero, and then finally sticks to ZERO. I have tried almost everything like troubleshooting, Re-installing the WiFi driver, Disabling & Enabling the WiFi driver, etc. I have also tried to connect the same network with the Ethernet and it worked fine. Is this the software issue or some hardware issue?

:)

RizwanMohnavi, Jan 27, 2019
  2. microvoid Win User

WiFi LAN speed drops to zero for 2-4 seconds every 20-60 seconds. Effectively killing the connection

My machine specs:

• HP Envy 15'' Laptop
    • Windows 10
    • 8GB Ram, Inte Core i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 64 bit system
    • WiFi adapter: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn

Issue

My laptop's WiFi LAN download and upload speeds drop to zero frequently(every 20-60 seconds) for about 2-4 seconds and then they go back up again. This is not a big issue when downloading stuff or watching series online but it is so incredibly frustrating when skyping, playing online videogames etc. This is not specific to Windows 10 as it begun when I was running windows 7 or 8, can't remember.

Proof:

Download speed graph for a 1GB file:

WiFi speed drops to ZERO 9vIbo.jpg

Upload speed graph for a 1GB file:

WiFi speed drops to ZERO 8XR1o.jpg

What I've tried:

• Other computers on the same WiFi: No other of my machines have this
      problem and neither do any of my 5 flatmates.
    • Other WiFi networks: This does indeed happen when connected to any other
      WiFi routers (so my laptop is the problem)
    • Uninstalling the WiFi Driver and installing again. Tried thrice, did
      not solve the issue (maybe I did it wrong?)
    • I even used that Windows 8 option to restore the laptop to factory
      settings while keeping only files, did not work.
    • Lots of other random things that did not work either.

I need to be able to Skype but as of now it's such a painful experience every time. Normally, I can fix most of the problems on my PC by myself but this one will make me go mad.

microvoid, Jan 27, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    New laptop with Wifi Ac and Verizon Qualcomm router major speed drop

Open Settings, then Network & Internet, then Network and Sharing Center. Your WiFi connection will be shown under Active Networks. Click on the "link" for your WiFi connection. What speed is listed under Connection?

WiFi speed drops to ZERO [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 27, 2019
  4. SpinX3 Win User

WiFi speed drops to ZERO

Lumia 640 XL WiFi and Bluetooth issues

i'm running win 10 1607

i have i did a speed test when I'm connected to skype (wifi) with a Bluetooth headset and the WiFi set to wpa2/wpa. the WiFi speed drops below 1Mbps.

the speed is normal without Bluetooth.

I can't use my Bluetooth device with wifi the speed deteriorates too much.

SpinX3, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

WiFi speed drops to ZERO

1. WiFi speed drops to ZERO - Similar Threads - WiFi speed drops

2. wifi speed drops down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  3. wifi speed drops down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  4. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  5. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  6. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sudden battery drop to zero

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden battery drop to zero: I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop running 64 bit windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165)I am facing an unusual battery drain to sudden 0. This began happening yesterday and happened again today. I suppose the battery drops to zero from 50-60%. There's no warning. The...
  8. WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection

WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection: Hello,I am recently having a strange issue with my wifi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and a 500mbps internet speed, but when I test the speed on the 5ghz connection I get around 200mbps at the start of the test which is of course normal then it immediately falls to...
  9. WiFi throughput drops to zero when opening Windows Explorer

WiFi throughput drops to zero when opening Windows Explorer: I have Windows10 64bit 20H2 OS Build 19042.985, I use a USB Wifi adaptor from TP-Link Archer T9UH it works absolutely perfectly with excellent connection to the router. I have very stable and consistant bandwidth speed.Every time I open Windows explorer the WiFi throughput...
  10. Copy Paste Stuttering and speed drops to Zero

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy Paste Stuttering and speed drops to Zero: Sometimes when i try to Copy Paste from my Server to my Gaming PC Both running windows 10 Pro 64bit my server is running i5 3570k with 16 gb ram and my gaming PC i7 6700k and also 16 gb ram the green bar will freeze at certain points for a second or 2 then jump forward and...