Windows 10: Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

Discus and support Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using window 10 64 bit build, Hp specter x 360. My wifi speed is usually 50 Mbps before sleep. After 5-10 minutes of sleep, my laptop wifi speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustinLouis, May 11, 2020.

1. Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

I am using window 10 64 bit build, Hp specter x 360. My wifi speed is usually 50 Mbps before sleep. After 5-10 minutes of sleep, my laptop wifi speed slows down to 2 Mbps. I don't know what is happening. I reset my laptop and the problem still persists. I don't know what to do.

:)

JustinLouis, May 11, 2020
  2. jimmy_855 Win User

WiFi is very slow, there is no way to speed?

WiFi is very slow, there is no way to
    speed?

jimmy_855, May 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, May 11, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Thema:

Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

1. Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep - Similar Threads - Wifi speed slows

2. Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.: Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while. If I check wifi speed with other devices it is 200 mpbs. The slow down is not the modem or router. The laptop is at 30 mpbs. If I disable the wifi adapter and then enable it the laptop will be at the 200 mpbs...
  3. Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.: Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while. If I check wifi speed with other devices it is 200 mpbs. The slow down is not the modem or router. The laptop is at 30 mpbs. If I disable the wifi adapter and then enable it the laptop will be at the 200 mpbs...
  4. wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones: helloi have a dell laptop which i bought in 2018from the past few days whenever i connect my bluetooth headphones my wifi speed slows down and ping goes higher my normal speed is:- 50mbps and 10 ms pingbut after connecting bluetooth headphones it goes 5 mbps and 100 ms...
  5. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  6. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  7. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop RDP to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  8. WIFI Upload speed slow throttled down

WIFI Upload speed slow throttled down: WIFI upload speed is so slow on windows 10, 0.4 MB, compared to 3 MB when running on the same device from linux. The issue happens on 2 different devices, which rules out a device issue, and is running perfect from linux, which rules out a network or device issue. Speed is...
  9. Slow Wifi speed.

Slow Wifi speed.: Hi my name is Siebe i have a problem on my notebook: When i try to load a page in any browser it takes super long and this is been going on for soo long. When i go to taskmanager and look at my wifi speed it goes from 0 speed to .... speed and it stops at 0 for like 10...
  10. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10: I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web...