Windows 10: WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles

Discus and support WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I change WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yongs90, Feb 17, 2021.

1. yongs90 Win User

WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles

How can I change WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles

WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles 01f04b82-8bd8-465e-969f-e02c4486aed3?upload=true.jpg

:)

yongs90, Feb 17, 2021
  2. lotty Win User

How to change to manage wifi profiles specific to user login

Problem
    windows 10 by default saves / remembers wifi profiles across all users … rather than by user login or specific to a user login … I have multiple SSIDs .. each SSID is mapped to separate vlan and router allows traffic based on vlan .. for example one vlan blocks youtube and other vlan allows

Other info
    Running W10 on surface pro and surface book .. use local user accounts .. not a domain / AD setup

Goal
    wifi connections / profiles to be remembered by user profile rather than by device. So a login to a local user account would only look to the wifi profiles saved/managed specifically for that user account … and if current user login each session (could toggle back and forth) W10 would toggle appropriate SSID for each user

Possibilities
    Command line using NETSH .. or powershell to change network type to user specific. Researching this topic I found steps to do this in W7 and apparently W7 used to have UI manage wireless networks were this field was exposed and could be toggled but removed in W10 .. guessing the attribute on the wifi profile record is still there and could be set or changed with proper syntax.

Login script, seems less desirable but its possible a script to block access by user to specific SSIDs .. so the SSIDs would continue to store and remember for all SSIDs at device level (all user logins could see all saved wifi profiles) but the login script would block based on user login .. just not sure how robust is the login script approach but seems at minimum to be more maintenance across devices.

lotty, Feb 17, 2021
  3. lottytx Win User
    How to change to manage wifi profiles specific to user login

Problem

windows 10 by default saves / remembers wifi profiles across all users … rather than by user login or specific to a user login … I have multiple SSIDs .. each SSID is mapped to separate vlan and router allows traffic based on vlan .. for example one vlan
    blocks youtube and other vlan allows

Other info

Running W10 on surface pro and surface book .. use local user accounts .. not a domain / AD setup

Goal

wifi connections / profiles to be remembered by user profile rather than by device. So a login to a local user account would only look to the wifi profiles saved/managed specifically for that user account … and if current user login each session (could
    toggle back and forth) W10 would toggle appropriate SSID for each user

Possibilities

Command line using NETSH .. or powershell to change network type to user specific. Researching this topic I found steps to do this in W7 and apparently W7 used to have UI manage wireless networks were this field was exposed and could be toggled but removed
    in W10 .. guessing the attribute on the wifi profile record is still there and could be set or changed with proper syntax.

Login script, seems less desirable but its possible a script to block access by user to specific SSIDs .. so the SSIDs would continue to store and remember for all SSIDs at device level (all user logins could see all saved wifi profiles) but the login script
    would block based on user login .. just not sure how robust is the login script approach but seems at minimum to be more maintenance across devices.

lottytx, Feb 17, 2021
  4. RojieC Win User

Maximum Hidden SSID profile registration

I have 3 WiFi N and 1 WiFi AC access points in our home which all my PC/desktop are able to register these 4 access points. But using my Windows 10 Mobile (10586.218) with Lumia 950 XL, I can only register maximum of 3 hidden SSID. When registering the
    4th one, it requires me to delete the 3rd profile. Before, when I restore my phone using my Microsoft account, all my account's AP registered were able to register all my profiles, regardless of the number of hidden SSIDs. My questions are:

1. Is there a possibility to reinstate the 4th hidden SSID network?

2. From PC back up of these profiles, can I restore these registered SSIDS in Lumia? How?

3. Before, setting one SSID from hidden to broadcast, then phone's manage WiFi SSID register this SSID and then set the WiFi SSID to hidden can let my phone connect to this same SSID. But now, to no avail.

4. Why the phone has limited to 3 only since the user would be aware the high battery usage?

Hope to get workaround for the above issue. Thanks.

RojieC, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. WiFi SSID from User Profiles to Group Policy Profiles - Similar Threads - WiFi SSID User

2. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profiles: Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image path or something under regedit. I then restarted my laptop and it took me to a completely new profile named Temp. I went back...
  3. User profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profiles: I bought a new computer and when I set it up I ended up with a new user ID. How can I go back to the one from my old computer and delete the new one without losing any files, data, or information?...
  4. user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user profile: sometimes when i turn on my laptop windows10 i get user profile service service failed to log in. if i power down and power back up it will start up some times normal and some times in safe mode....
  5. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profiles: Hi, I just purchased Flight Sim. Unfortunately I am unable to download on to my PC. I am logged in under an old Outlook email on my PC, but I purchased Flight Sim on a new Profile and email in Outlook. As a result I can't install the game. How do I get the game from ready...
  6. User profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profiles: I know that user profiles can get corrupted so if i cloned my drive before anything got corrupted would that make it so that in the future if anything was to get corrupted i could just go back to the old drive and my profile be fine?...
  7. user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile: I had a new hard drive in my computer. When the technician reloaded MS, Windows 10, etc., he kept all the right account information, including my profile picture, but despite the account being in my name, he put my husband's name under my picture on that opening screen. I...
  8. User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile: How do you fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10? Windows Fax and Scan would not fax following an update. I got an error message: “The RPC server is unavailable in Windows 10” On the Services window, I found the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure...
  9. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?): Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as it will cause issues, what options is there? Grateful for any guidance, many thanks. 122466
  10. Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account: I work in a large organisation where many different users log in to our Windows 10 (1607) based PCs on a daily basis. Due to this I have enabled the Delete user profiles older than a specified number days on system restart Group Policy under Computer...