Windows 10: Wifi still slow on just my computer?!? Have tried everything I can think of short of buying...

Discus and support Wifi still slow on just my computer?!? Have tried everything I can think of short of buying... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Been having this problem for a few weeks now and generally getting frustrated that I can't find the answers. I'm paying for 300mpbs speed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M45QU3R4D3, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Wifi still slow on just my computer?!? Have tried everything I can think of short of buying...

Hello! Been having this problem for a few weeks now and generally getting frustrated that I can't find the answers.

I'm paying for 300mpbs speed and only getting about 6mpbs on speedtest.net. Upload speed works fine at 30mpbs but I just cannot get my download speed to go any faster. It's only on my computer in the bedroom, which is even weirder because when we first got the internet started up and installed, it worked just fine. All streaming services work as normal, and my husband's computer and laptop are all getting the proper speeds. I've tried updating my wireless driver countless times (device manager just says ASUS Wireless PCI-E adapter), have tried disabling and re-enabling the driver, resetting the modem, and nothing is working. Asked the ISP today about the issue and they just recommended buying something else (which I don't want to do, as I'm strapped on cash as it is and would prefer to fix the issue rather than buy a new thing). Do I need to reconnect something? Do I need a new wireless card entirely? (This computer is only about a year old) Help!

:)

M45QU3R4D3, Dec 18, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Wifi still slow on just my computer?!? Have tried everything I can think of short of buying...

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Wifi still slow on just my computer?!? Have tried everything I can think of short of buying...

1. Wifi still slow on just my computer?!? Have tried everything I can think of short of buying... - Similar Threads - Wifi still slow

2. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  3. Help i have problems with this update error i tried everything i can think off

Help i have problems with this update error i tried everything i can think off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Razerwurst69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsxjaw/help_i_have_problems_with_this_update_error_i/
  4. Touchpad not working. Tried everything I can think of.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working. Tried everything I can think of.: Hi. I have a 2-week old ASUS UX333FN laptop that now has a trackpad that doesn't work. Everything was fine when I first got it, although there were times when the trackpad would stop functioning when my laptop went into sleep mode. I could get the trackpad to start working...
  5. I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am...: Hello so I have recently gotten a external wire keyboard for my laptop because my d key is broken. So I looked into how to disable/uninstall my internal laptop keyboard. I have try uninstalling the driver for my keyboard which I know is only a short fix but this doesn't work...
  6. I think I explained everything in the video, but to be short I have a right click problem...

I think I explained everything in the video, but to be short I have a right click problem...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/heudhdh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl7pzi/i_think_i_explained_everything_in_the_video_but/
  7. I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS: Below is the error information I received. I can not open settings to change anything or get in under admin clearance. I can not download anything either as I tried a paid service with avg to scan computer for virus and wont let me. Description Faulting Application Path:...
  8. HELP! My Computer is suddenly super slow and I have tried everything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP! My Computer is suddenly super slow and I have tried everything!: I have tried looking for viruses and windows says they can't find anything. I have tried uninstalling and testing my ram. I have tried using command prompt for file scans. Any other options?...
  9. slow download with wifi - tried everything I could find

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow download with wifi - tried everything I could find: so as the title says, my daughters PC - the one in my system specs - is getting about 1/4 what the other wifi pcs in my house get. The only difference is my daughters PC has windows 10 and all of the others have 7. ~ I updated all drivers and BIOS. ~ read through various...
  10. I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.: I am using Windows 10 Education. I have tried all possible options as given in following links Hibernate Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums When I try to hibernate using shutdown/h command my pc goes to sleep mode instead of hibernating.Is There any solution. 70321