Windows 10: WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

Discus and support WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had just shutdown my computer for the night when I noticed the screen said there was an error and displayed one of those 2D barcodes. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris-531, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Chris-531 Win User

WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

I had just shutdown my computer for the night when I noticed the screen said there was an error and displayed one of those 2D barcodes.

When the laptop restarted there was no active wifi connections, and i found out my wifi network adapters were no longer even present. I have a HP core i7 with a realtek wifi adapter.

The only possible connections that show when I check the control panel is Ethernet. Ive tried updating the realtek adapter is the device manager, but it has changed nothing.

:)

Chris-531, Sep 3, 2019

2. Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

This is not the issue I am having.

It is (on-screen) Start>Power>Shutdown (or Restart) that stops working (or right-click the Start and try those on-screen buttons). For me, only Hibernate appears to work but unlike the normal process, this one takes a very long time. This can be a problem
    when I am leaving to go to work and cannot wait for the process to finish.

WildcatRay, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you press Shutdown/restart (power) button?
    If notebook is in off condition, I suggest you to connect your notebook with power cable and allow it to charge and then try to press the power button and check if issue is solved.

If you’re notebook is in ON condition, I suggest you to set “Choose what the power button do” to Shutdown and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Under all Control Panel items select Power Option.
    • Click or tab on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel
    • Select Shutdown under “When I press power button” and click on
      Save Changes.
    Check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 3, 2019
  4. WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

little cat, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

1. WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown - Similar Threads - WiFi stopped working

2. Laptop wifi randomly stopped working after restart. "Wifi not present"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wifi randomly stopped working after restart. "Wifi not present": My Laptop wifi randomly stopped working after I restarted my Laptop, I haven't downloaded anythig so I don't know why this would happenThis is completely random and I havent done image1literally anything other than talking on discordMy device manager settings says "the...
  3. Laptop wifi randomly stopped working after restart. "Wifi not present"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wifi randomly stopped working after restart. "Wifi not present": My Laptop wifi randomly stopped working after I restarted my Laptop, I haven't downloaded anythig so I don't know why this would happenThis is completely random and I havent done image1literally anything other than talking on discordMy device manager settings says "the...
  4. Computer stopped working after restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stopped working after restarting it: My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do anything as when I run a program my cursor will have the spinning blue circle and it will infinitely load and when I try to do...
  5. Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Finbob233 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7v7i4/everything_just_stopped_working_and_i_cant/
  6. WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown: I have a Panasonic CF-54 running Windows 10 Pro. After a windows update earlier this year my WiFi setting went from being ON as soon as I started up my laptop to now being OFF every time. I can manually turn it on in settings with no problem but I really need my WiFi to be on...
  7. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  8. WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown

WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown: After a windows update earlier this year my WiFi setting went from being ON as soon as I started up my laptop to now being OFF every time. I can manually turn it on in settings with no problem but I really need my WiFi to be on as soon as Windows starts without me needing to...
  9. WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown

WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown: I have a Panasonic CF-54 running Windows 10 Pro. After a windows update earlier this year my WiFi setting went from being ON as soon as I started up my laptop to now being OFF every time. I can manually turn it on in settings with no problem but I really need my WiFi to be on...
  10. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...