Windows 10: Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

Discus and support Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeanDoughtie, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to update. The problem still exists. I usually have to reboot to get it working again, but I have found that if I go to device manager and disable/reenable the device that will fix it also. Any ideas how to fix this?Asus ROG Strix LaptopWifi Adapter: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX w

:)

SeanDoughtie, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Joona JV Win User

Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?

Thanks for your comment - your solution would surely work as well! Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods. :)

What I ended up doing is that...

1. I set the system's sleep & hibernation timer to "Never" as you suggested and...
    2. I created a .bat file, which sends the system into sleep after a certain idle period. Due to my Away Mode Policy, the computer does not go to normal Sleep, but instead goes into Away Mode instead, because the .bat file is considered as "User intiated action"
    3. I then scheduled the .bat file to be run after a certain time period of idle with Task Scheduler
    Kind regards,

Joona

Joona JV, Mar 13, 2023
  3. borgus Win User
    Sleep when not idle

Of late, Win10 Pro has taken to sleeping while viewing lengthy videos, instead of waiting until the PC is idle for the period specified. No changes have been made to power/sleep/screensaver settings or programs.

Not the case in the past. A system image from months ago was restored but spontaneous sleep persists.

Most all suggestions from the Net have been tested. Network, chipset and video drivers are current.

Could this annoyance be the result of a Windows update? If so, which one?

New ideas welcomed.

borgus, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

My Bluetooth mouse stops working after an idle period in the Creators Update

I recently installed the Windows 10 Creators Update and now my Bluetooth mouse stops working after it idles. I have a Realtek Bluetooth radio. Any suggestions?

Harold Fra, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

1. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods. - Similar Threads - Wifi stops working

2. PC forces me to sign in with PIN after long period of sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC forces me to sign in with PIN after long period of sleep.: I have windows 11 home edition. I have set my laptop to go to sleep after 5 mins plugged in or on battery. I have also set the laptop to go to sleep if I close the lid. If I then open the lid the lid the pc wakes up and returns me to the screen I was on before the sleep...
  3. PC forces me to sign in with PIN after long period of sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC forces me to sign in with PIN after long period of sleep.: I have windows 11 home edition. I have set my laptop to go to sleep after 5 mins plugged in or on battery. I have also set the laptop to go to sleep if I close the lid. If I then open the lid the lid the pc wakes up and returns me to the screen I was on before the sleep...
  4. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  5. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  7. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle: Every morning when my computer has been idle overnight my computer has black screen with the applications still open, but its 'glitched out' in terms of when i grab a window and drag this leaves a trail of windows all over the screen. The task bar is gone, and the only thing...
  9. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown: I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue, so I apologize for starting another thread about it. The web is littered with so many people still having this issue... I just recently updated. I then created a boot...