Windows 10: WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected

Discus and support WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says, whenever my flatmate connects his smartphone to our home WiFi, the connection on my laptop starts going really slow, it's basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gnottino90, Nov 25, 2017.

1. WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected

As the title says, whenever my flatmate connects his smartphone to our home WiFi, the connection on my laptop starts going really slow, it's basically dead. It's really weird, for example if I'm watching something and he arrives home, the video stops, and this happens every time. I told him about it but obviously he needs the WiFi for things so I can't really ask him to turn it off all the time.
    Do you guys know what it could be and a way to solve the problem? Maybe I could change the internet channel, or something like that? I don't know much about this things.. It's been a while now and I really need to find a solution!

Thank you *Smile

:)

Gnottino90, Nov 25, 2017

2. Wifi not working on windows10

Before 10 days i upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it was working properly. But from yesterdyay, wifi connectivity is not working properly. When i make a connection to a local wifi network it connects easily but after connection it stops
    working.

Laptop shows the status that "wifi connected" but then stops working.

So give me the solution to solve the wifi connectivity problem.

Hsingh_741, Nov 25, 2017
  3. wifi issues with Lumia 720

Hi,

I bought Lumia 720 a week back and it is working fine except the issue with wifi connection. I tried connecting the phone to my wifi on day 1 and it worked fine but from last 2-3 days there is some strange issue with the wifi connection. When I try to
    connect to my wifi it now gets connected for a little while and then stops working, when I try to reconnect it says "your phone couldn't reach the wifi network". Whereas my laptop and iphone are working absolutely fine using the same wifi. Is there any solution
    to it?

VikramMalik, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected

Its what he is doing if he is streaminvideo or simliar he may eat all your bandwidth what is you download speed?

Samuria, Nov 25, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    It should be the clue that the person walking in through the door gives you the boot. Especially that it happens the minute he walks in the door.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  6. He's not streaming or anything. He just walks in the house, his phone automatically connects to the WiFi and my laptop's internet goes crazy. It doesn't happen with any of the other phones in the apartment.

Gnottino90, Nov 25, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    They're saying there is a driver issue with Win 10 and old hardware. not sure on that cause I have similar problem, shows I am connected but my music App's will stop after a while then start back. I have the iHeart APP it will be playing then no sound but you open APP and it shows that the music is playing away.
    My opinion, there is something internal causing the problem of shared/conflicts. bridging everything together.
    In System Information under Hardware Resources there is a Conflict/Sharing. I have a few listed in it showing PCI to PCI Bridging.

MrHudson, Nov 25, 2017
  8. MrHudson Win User

WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected [​IMG]

MrHudson, Nov 25, 2017
  9. Okay I think I understood what you mean but I don't really know how to proceed!
    I went on the page you named and this is what I have (it's in Italian sorry, but the names are more or less the same from yours):

WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected [​IMG]

Do you have an idea of what I have to do now?

Thank you!

Gnottino90, Nov 26, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    Sorry to tell you this again. The other party is streaming either movies or running a Torrent Server somehow.

The biggest clue about download speeds stopping, is either someone in control of the Gateway, is knocking you off, or he just pushes enough data for the QOS (Quality Of Service) gets changed to where he has the majority of data.

If you want to track what is going on. Find out if there is a server running Smoke Ping to allow you to monitor the activity in spikes and dips. See About SmokePing Tools FAQ | DSLReports, ISP Information for more info on how Smoke Ping testing works.

DSL Reports also has some other good tools. Speed tests, ping tests and bandwidth tools | DSLReports, ISP Information

bro67, Nov 26, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User
    There is a newer genetic driver available. go in Device Manager, Network Adapter, right click on Realtek RTL8188EE and update, driver date will be 11-4-2017.
    I call it genetic cause its from Microsoft WHQl - Windows Head Quarter lab.

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected - Similar Threads - WiFi stops working

2. My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...: My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to laptop very fine and that same network when is connected to other devices the wifi works fine . And that same wifi name is not displayed on the "show available network" section...
  3. My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...: My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to laptop very fine and that same network when is connected to other devices the wifi works fine . And that same wifi name is not displayed on the "show available network" section...
  4. Wifi stops working when connecting my blueetooth earphones - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working when connecting my blueetooth earphones - Help!: Hi!I have noticed that every time I try to connect my Sony WF-1000M4 earphones to my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen9, wifi starts breaking up to the point that it won't work anymore. I have Windows 11, by the way.Is there any workaround? I am a digital nomad and it happens...
  5. Wifi stops working when connecting my blueetooth earphones - Help!

Wifi stops working when connecting my blueetooth earphones - Help!: Hi!I have noticed that every time I try to connect my Sony WF-1000M4 earphones to my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen9, wifi starts breaking up to the point that it won't work anymore. I have Windows 11, by the way.Is there any workaround? I am a digital nomad and it happens...
  6. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.: One day I came home to the massage on my laptop "connected with no internet." I proceeded to restart my computer which didn't work then I forgot the network and tried to reconnect but it kept telling me "can not connect to this network." I've since disconnected from the wifi...
  7. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.: One day I came home to the massage on my laptop "connected with no internet." I proceeded to restart my computer which didn't work then I forgot the network and tried to reconnect but it kept telling me "can not connect to this network." I've since disconnected from the wifi...
  8. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop

WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop: So, I was working as always with my laptop until suddenly WIFI stopped working. I tried troubleshooting it and it says “The Intel(R) Wireless-AC adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems” and “A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken”....
  10. WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop

WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop: My laptop is not connecting to wifi. It was connecting to WIFI till 03-Feb-2019. Troubleshooting shows as below Problems found "'Intel(R) Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems" When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it...