Windows 10: WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games...

Discus and support WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So I installed a Nest Router, hooked up to my virgin media modem, with 2 additional older generation google wifi units in different rooms using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoelPhillips1, May 19, 2020.

1. WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games...

Hi,

So I installed a Nest Router, hooked up to my virgin media modem, with 2 additional older generation google wifi units in different rooms using the google home app. One of which, is connected to the nest router via a long ethernet cable, the other is just using wifi mesh. My coverage is great and speeds throughout the house are strong.

However I've ran into an issue. If connected to the google wifi unit the one using wifi mesh, whenever I open an online game such as Battlefield 5 or World of Tanks the connection changes to 'no internet access' and so I can't login and play. I've also had this issue when trying to open Fusion 360. After exiting the game the connection goes back to normal. I don't get this issue while using chrome.
    Connecting to either of the other two devices works fine. I've factory reset the troubled wifi point as well as replaced it with a spare google wifi point I own, neither worked.

I've spoken to both google support and windows support. Neither were able to assist as they just asked me to try the simple things in windows which I had already tried and they didnt work. This morning I did a clean windows install using a USB drive and the issue persists.

I feel like I've tried everything with no success, please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience or might know how to resolve the issue.

Many thanks,

Joel

:)

JoelPhillips1, May 19, 2020

2. WiFi Connection drops on entering matches in some Steam games

Hello

I have been playing games on Steam for quite some time now and never had this problem till a couple days ago. I have a router for the modem provided by my college because I'm in a hostel. The ping when I'm in game is always below 100, usually in the 20-40
    range. I earlier had no problem playing games like CS:GO and PES 2019 on Steam using my WiFi Router. The speed is around 50 mbps usually so that's not a problem either. Youtube videos play seamlessly @1080p60 quality.

There are no disconnections when I'm watching YouTube. I've watched long videos continuously keeping an eye on the connection to make sure. But now when I start playing a match in PES 2109 or CS:GO, my WiFi connection drops within 2 mins. Sometimes it drops
    in 10 seconds, sometimes it takes longer, but the connection drop is inevitable.

The game first stops, then disconnects. When I check WiFi in the lower bar, there is no connection to any WiFi networks. The device then auto-connects again to the WiFi in a minute or so. This connection drop isn't device-specific as I check if my phone
    is connected to the WiFi, but it loses connection too!

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

Edit: When I use a wired connection to my router there is no problem. The problem occurs only when I'm using WiFi. I tried using a friend's wifi who's connected to the same network and there were no auto disconnects. In light of this I would say the problem
    is with the router. Any help on resolution of the problem or suggestions on what can be done are much appreciated.

MaJorProbLemS, May 19, 2020
  3. JS Melb Win User
    WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't have the power cord plugged in. When I don't have the cord connected and the WIFI drops out, the 'trouble
    shooter section' suggests that an ethernet cable is 'missing'. Maybe this is why it is stable when I do connect the power cord? Seems strange. Can anyone help?

JS Melb, May 19, 2020
  4. WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games...

Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, May 19, 2020
Thema:

WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games...

1. WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games... - Similar Threads - WIFI Strange connection

2. WIFI drops when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI drops when playing games: It didnt happen before but today whenever I play games my connection will drop and I get disconnection on games. No matter what game I played it will runs slowly and disconnect. It didnt happen before and I dont have issue with the network as well as I confirmed it with my...
  3. WIFI drops when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI drops when playing games: It didnt happen before but today whenever I play games my connection will drop and I get disconnection on games. No matter what game I played it will runs slowly and disconnect. It didnt happen before and I dont have issue with the network as well as I confirmed it with my...
  4. WIFI drops when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi connection drops when launching / having a game open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection drops when launching / having a game open: Normally the wifi functions well and all day to day tasks works fine. It is when i open a game, either on steam such as among us or CSGO, or League of Legends from Riot games, that the wifi connection for the entire pc drops. The same problem occures on different...
  6. Wifi connection drops when launching / having a game open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection drops when launching / having a game open: Normally the wifi functions well and all day to day tasks works fine. It is when i open a game, either on steam such as among us or CSGO, or League of Legends from Riot games, that the wifi connection for the entire pc drops. The same problem occures on different...
  7. Wifi connection drops when launching / having a game open

8. wifi connection lost when opening game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi connection lost when opening game: using realtek 8822ce wireless adapter. keeping loss wifi connection when playing a game, i think is window update caused. because i just format window, after few of window update, the problem come again....
  9. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...