Windows 10: wifi stuck on verifying and connecting

Discus and support wifi stuck on verifying and connecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All! I'm running windows 10 on a dell pavilion laptop with an intel ac 3160 wifi, probably from 2016. acpi x 64. intel i 5200 at 2.2 GHZ. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drinklocalcoffee, Nov 12, 2018.

1. wifi stuck on verifying and connecting

Hi All!

I'm running windows 10 on a dell pavilion laptop with an intel ac 3160 wifi, probably from 2016. acpi x 64. intel i 5200 at 2.2 GHZ. Not sure what other info you might need.

I am unable to connect to my home wifi when i have to type in the password. it gets stuck "verifying and connecting". Before I updated the windows 10, i was unable to type in the network key field, but I am able to do so since updating. Not it just gets stuck as above. All my other devices (4 computers and several phones/ipads ) all work no problem.

I have tried the following

updating windows 10...it took a while and was troublesome, but I believe it is up to date. I had to use the media install tool to get the 1803 update installed.

updating the wifi driver

resetting the network

using the network troubleshooting tool on windows 10

unplugging the modem/router (xfinity xb6-t)

restarting the computer several times

the ethernet port works and i can connect by pushing the WPS button on my modem. However, this doesn't help if I need to use a wifi outside my house.

My IT friend is suggesting a clean install of windows 10, but I really would rather not have to do that.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Paul

:)

drinklocalcoffee, Nov 12, 2018
  2. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 12, 2018
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 12, 2018
  4. adam9487 Win User

wifi stuck on verifying and connecting

Unable to connect to any WiFi connection (Windows 10)

Hiya. Thanks for your helpful message. I tried both your suggestions but I still get stuck on the verifying and connecting when trying to connect to my WiFi.

Is there any further help you can provide as I am in urgent need of a pc that connects to the Internet.

Many thanks in advance.

Adam

adam9487, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

wifi stuck on verifying and connecting

1. wifi stuck on verifying and connecting - Similar Threads - wifi stuck verifying

2. Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...: My computer, when booting windows 7 runs chk dsk. When it's almost complete it stops at verifying Usn journal...What can I do to make the system go past that point?...
  3. Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...: My computer, when booting windows 7 runs chk dsk. When it's almost complete it stops at verifying Usn journal...What can I do to make the system go past that point?...
  4. Wifi stuck on verifying and connecting pls help with video pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stuck on verifying and connecting pls help with video pls: Hi when I enter my wife password it stuck on verifying and connecting pls help me with a videoPls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-stuck-on-verifying-and-connecting-pls-help/1b81b688-e630-4524-a837-06074cceb861
  5. Wifi stuck on verifying and connecting pls help with video pls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stuck on verifying and connecting pls help with video pls: Hi when I enter my wife password it stuck on verifying and connecting pls help me with a videoPls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-stuck-on-verifying-and-connecting-pls-help/1b81b688-e630-4524-a837-06074cceb861
  6. Wifi stuck on verifying and connecting pls help with video pls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Lost connection of WiFi followed by a Driver verifier DMA violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connection of WiFi followed by a Driver verifier DMA violation BSOD: What I tried to solve this problem is I updated all the drivers to the latest version that my manufacturer gave to me Asus including the BIOS system. What make this weird, it's mostly occurs when I'm using the messaging software or the web browser, sometimes by pressing the...
  8. 'verify your account' stuck

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'verify your account' stuck: I came back to my computer -- not the one I am using -- to find a blue screen, with a 'verify your identity' process ... I don't know why. However, I am no stuck. It keeps saying 'restart the process' ... but there seems to be no way to do this. Re-booting does not help. I...
  9. Stuck on Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on Verify your identity: I had an update when I started my computeer today Smile and some other things? and it asked me to log into MS. My password didn’t work, I reset it and now I’m stuck at this screen verify your identity...how would you like to get your security code?[IMG]because that password...
  10. how to verify the password for WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to verify the password for WiFi: I am connected to two printers on my internal network via WiFi. The connections are made through a Netgear Nighthawk router. A password was established for the router when the Netgear was installed. This was done by a third party, who was helping me set up my new Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. verifying and connecting

2. windows 10 verifying and connecting

3. verifying and connecting stuck wifi

4. stuck on verifying and connecting,
  5. wifi verifying and connecting ,
  6. windows 10 stuck on verifying and connecting,
  7. wifi verifying and conecting,
  8. verifying and connecting no internet,
  9. wifi stuck at verifying and connecting,
  10. windows not verifying wifi,
  11. windows 10 verifying and connecting to wifi,