Windows 10: Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?

Discus and support Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP WIndows 10 computer. Recently, I've moved my PC to a different room, and unplugged the ethernet cable while doing so. However, I could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YaredKokeb, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?

I have an HP WIndows 10 computer. Recently, I've moved my PC to a different room, and unplugged the ethernet cable while doing so. However, I could not detect a WiFi option in the desktop? This is weird because I used to be able to use WiFi AND ethernet before, but now I can't even find "WiFi" in the search engine. The WiFI works for my laptop and the other devices, but not on the PC. Help please?

:)

YaredKokeb, Feb 9, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing? [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing? [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?

1. Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing? - Similar Threads - Wifi Suddenly Appearing

2. No wifi appearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi appearing.: I'm having an issue where no networks are showing up, not my own or any of our neighbours. My laptop was fine when I left this morning and i just came back to this.For Ethernet and Local Area Connection its saying network cable unplugged but i dont fully know what that means...
  3. No wifi appearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi appearing.: I'm having an issue where no networks are showing up, not my own or any of our neighbours. My laptop was fine when I left this morning and i just came back to this.For Ethernet and Local Area Connection its saying network cable unplugged but i dont fully know what that means...
  4. No wifi appearing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi not appearing

wifi not appearing: so i just turned my old pc on and since im no longer connected via ethernet i wanted to connect to wifi. unfortunately there are no wifi connections when i click to icon on taskbar and in network connections in control panel there is only ethernet option....
  6. wifi not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi not appearing: so i just turned my old pc on and since im no longer connected via ethernet i wanted to connect to wifi. unfortunately there are no wifi connections when i click to icon on taskbar and in network connections in control panel there is only ethernet option....
  7. wifi not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sudden appearance of BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden appearance of BitLocker: Hey folks. I friend of mine just called and asked if I could help fix his laptop. He says that he turned it off the other day, and on turning it back on again he is being asked for a bitlocker drive encryption key. He says he has never seen bitlocker, never turned it on,...
  9. Sudden appearance of UltraFile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sudden appearance of UltraFile: Just in the last few days, when I have tried to open attachments to emails, UltraFile opener has appeared with no alternatives. I have no wish to pay for that. What are my options?...
  10. No WiFi Suddenly

No WiFi Suddenly: I use my computer all the time. Today, I turn it on and there's no Wifi. Not just that there are no network connections, but there's not even an option for wifi even in the settings. I restarted, ran troubleshooting, when I did the command prompt fix it said that no such item...