Windows 10: WiFi suddenly not working

Discus and support WiFi suddenly not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was browsing the internet on my PC earlier and the connection kept going on and off. I assumed it was some problems on my ISP's end, so I turned my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakeC4, Oct 19, 2018.

1. JakeC4 Win User

WiFi suddenly not working

I was browsing the internet on my PC earlier and the connection kept going on and off. I assumed it was some problems on my ISP's end, so I turned my phone's hotspot on and attempted to use my cellular data instead. It refused to connect to my phone, and now will not connect to my home WiFi either, but my laptop and tablet are next to my PC and connect to both fine.

When I click "Connect" on a network it says "Connecting..." then all the WiFi networks disappear, then they all reappear a second later and it says "Cannot connect to this network". When I hover over the WiFi icon it says "Not connected - Wireless communication is turned off". I have checked the settings and it is not turned off.

I have tried troubleshooting with no help. I have also tried enabling/disabling and uninstalling/reinstalling the WiFi driver. Network Properties says:

Name: Wi-Fi

Description: Dell Wireless 1707 802.11b|g|n (2.4GHZ)

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

:)

JakeC4, Oct 19, 2018

2. Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID.

If I open the details of the wifi connection it says there is no0 IPV4 or IPV6 connectivity although these are checked.

What has happened?

WiFi suddenly not working [​IMG]

anparkinson, Oct 19, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Hi I recall that while my PC was on over lunch I returned to find those protocols had suddenly and without apparent reason vanished.

Why? Hmm, maybe there's a clue in your event log. Sorry, my crystal ball is down for scheduled maintenance*chuckle

Easy option (hopefully), avoiding use of a possible series of commands:
    Download and install Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), lots of cautious stages beforehand. Observe accordingly.
    Select ONLY network connection repair.
    Run the repair.

If that doesn't work, here's a set of instructions for repairs:

1. Run the built-in Troubleshooter
    Right click the network icon on the Taskbar
    Pick Troubleshoot problems
    Select Identify and repair network problems
    Follow instructions in the troubleshooter

1. Reset networking
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    Copy the lines in the code box below
    Right click in the Command Prompt window to paste
    Code:
    netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetipconfig /renewipconfig /flushdns
    Restart your machine

1. Disable IPv6
    Open Network Connections
    Right click on the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Select Properties
    Scroll down to Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
    Remove the check mark
    Press OK

Restart your machine

1. Reinstall TCP/Pv4
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following command
    netsh int ipv4 install
    exit

Restart your machine

1. Restart Your Network Adapters
    Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Disable

Restart your machine

Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Enable

dalchina, Oct 19, 2018
  4. WiFi suddenly not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

WiFi suddenly not working

1. WiFi suddenly not working - Similar Threads - WiFi suddenly working

2. Wifi suddenly out of range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi suddenly out of range: The wifi connecgion i normally use is suddenly out if range. Other devices are able to connect to it at further differences. I nave no idea whats happened to suddenly do this. Also it is picking up on the network of a different house but not my wifi....
  3. Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless device suddenly not present - no wifi or bluetooth but Stylus is working!! on...: Hi my Surface pro 3 was working fine until 08/02/19 - shut it down completely then on 09/02/19 powered up and rebooted - no wifi connection available also Bluetooth not working on further investigation... no wireless adaptors present in "control panel >network and...
  4. Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?

Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?: I have an HP WIndows 10 computer. Recently, I've moved my PC to a different room, and unplugged the ethernet cable while doing so. However, I could not detect a WiFi option in the desktop? This is weird because I used to be able to use WiFi AND ethernet before, but now I...
  5. WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop

WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop: My laptop is not connecting to wifi. It was connecting to WIFI till 03-Feb-2019. Troubleshooting shows as below Problems found "'Intel(R) Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems" When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it...
  6. suddenly bad wifi conection

suddenly bad wifi conection: About 2 month ago, my vaio duo 13 still has 5 wifi bar with an average of 25mbps Then i stop using my laptop for sometime untill 2 week ago, i turn it on and it only have 2 wifi bar and 3mbps i have tried: + Upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 + Troubleshoot said :"window...
  7. Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.

Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.: when i used wifi about a litlle time( 30Min) my wifi had disconnected, i had tried to connect agian, i see my wifi turn of then turn on and notice " can't connect to this network" after i updated win 10 at May this proplem had appeared in win 7 or 8 working normally...
  8. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  9. No WiFi Suddenly

No WiFi Suddenly: I use my computer all the time. Today, I turn it on and there's no Wifi. Not just that there are no network connections, but there's not even an option for wifi even in the settings. I restarted, ran troubleshooting, when I did the command prompt fix it said that no such item...
  10. Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result: Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID. If I open the details of the wifi...