Windows 10: WiFi suddenly not working

Discus and support WiFi suddenly not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was browsing the internet on my PC earlier and the connection kept going on and off. I assumed it was some problems on my ISP's end, so I turned my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakeC4, Oct 19, 2018.

1. JakeC4 Win User

WiFi suddenly not working

I was browsing the internet on my PC earlier and the connection kept going on and off. I assumed it was some problems on my ISP's end, so I turned my phone's hotspot on and attempted to use my cellular data instead. It refused to connect to my phone, and now will not connect to my home WiFi either, but my laptop and tablet are next to my PC and connect to both fine.

When I click "Connect" on a network it says "Connecting..." then all the WiFi networks disappear, then they all reappear a second later and it says "Cannot connect to this network". When I hover over the WiFi icon it says "Not connected - Wireless communication is turned off". I have checked the settings and it is not turned off.

I have tried troubleshooting with no help. I have also tried enabling/disabling and uninstalling/reinstalling the WiFi driver. Network Properties says:

Name: Wi-Fi

Description: Dell Wireless 1707 802.11b|g|n (2.4GHZ)

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

:)

JakeC4, Oct 19, 2018

2. Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID.

If I open the details of the wifi connection it says there is no0 IPV4 or IPV6 connectivity although these are checked.

What has happened?

WiFi suddenly not working [​IMG]

anparkinson, Oct 19, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Hi I recall that while my PC was on over lunch I returned to find those protocols had suddenly and without apparent reason vanished.

Why? Hmm, maybe there's a clue in your event log. Sorry, my crystal ball is down for scheduled maintenance*chuckle

Easy option (hopefully), avoiding use of a possible series of commands:
    Download and install Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), lots of cautious stages beforehand. Observe accordingly.
    Select ONLY network connection repair.
    Run the repair.

If that doesn't work, here's a set of instructions for repairs:

1. Run the built-in Troubleshooter
    Right click the network icon on the Taskbar
    Pick Troubleshoot problems
    Select Identify and repair network problems
    Follow instructions in the troubleshooter

1. Reset networking
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    Copy the lines in the code box below
    Right click in the Command Prompt window to paste
    Code:
    netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetipconfig /renewipconfig /flushdns
    Restart your machine

1. Disable IPv6
    Open Network Connections
    Right click on the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Select Properties
    Scroll down to Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
    Remove the check mark
    Press OK

Restart your machine

1. Reinstall TCP/Pv4
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following command
    netsh int ipv4 install
    exit

Restart your machine

1. Restart Your Network Adapters
    Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Disable

Restart your machine

Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Enable

dalchina, Oct 19, 2018
  4. WiFi suddenly not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

WiFi suddenly not working

1. WiFi suddenly not working - Similar Threads - WiFi suddenly working

2. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  3. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  4. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer WiFi suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer WiFi suddenly stopped working: Hi one day my computer’s WiFi stopped working. At first when I went into device manager there was a yellow error sign next to the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160mhz adapter. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it and reset the computer, but after a few of those tries it vanished...
  6. Wifi suddenly not working

Wifi suddenly not working: Hi Guys My desktop performed an update yesterday and now the above is no longer available and reporting error code 43. The windows update is also reporting an error was encountered and reporting code 0x80070002. I think the 2 are related. I have tried updating the driver...
  7. My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working

My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working: My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared. if I check network properties, it shows qualcomm atheros AR956x wireless. But cant find anywhere. windows 10 is installed on my pc...
  8. Wifi and Bluetooth not working suddenly !

Wifi and Bluetooth not working suddenly !: Hi ! I hope you reply fast to this. So i was normally using my laptop as usual; until suddenly i come and find my wifi and my bluetooth not working; which are the two most important functionalities in my work. i find the wifi icon in my taskbar but when i click on activate...
  9. wifi and bluetooth suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi and bluetooth suddenly not working: i have an hp pavilion laptop with windows 10. all of a sudden 2 days ago my wifi and bluetooth have completely stopped working. going to device manager, the wifi (intel wireless ac 9560) originally came up as code 10. i tried resetting bios, reinstalling drivers, hard...
  10. Wifi Suddenly Stops Working

Wifi Suddenly Stops Working: So I have a Surface Book 2, 13" model. On 2 separate wifi routers i have owned, this issue has occurred. Randomly while either in use or when put in standby the Wifi will stop working as in the Wireless Network im using will disconnect. Now sometimes it will let me select it...