Windows 10: Wifi suddenly out of range

Discus and support Wifi suddenly out of range in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The wifi connecgion i normally use is suddenly out if range. Other devices are able to connect to it at further differences. I nave no idea whats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arranrafot, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Wifi suddenly out of range

The wifi connecgion i normally use is suddenly out if range. Other devices are able to connect to it at further differences. I nave no idea whats happened to suddenly do this. Also it is picking up on the network of a different house but not my wifi.

:)

arranrafot, Feb 21, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

Wifi suddenly out of range sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. ShakibMlv Win User

Wifi suddenly out of range

Incorrect wifi range icon

Hi

On windows 10 version 1607, when I am connected to a wireless network, the wifi icon in tray menu always shows the full range, EVEN IF IT IS NOT, because when I click on the icon, the wireless network list shows anything but the full range.

The problem occurs on any wireless network I have tried so far.

Can you help me on this?

ShakibMlv, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Wifi suddenly out of range

1. Wifi suddenly out of range - Similar Threads - Wifi suddenly range

2. wifi range issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi range issue: Hello, so i had a keyboard short circuit couple of months back and then i got it fixed but right after that i started facing issues with my wifi. The wifi connections don't show up only. if i'm sitting right next to my router then only it does while the other devices in the...
  3. wifi range issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi range issue: Hello, so i had a keyboard short circuit couple of months back and then i got it fixed but right after that i started facing issues with my wifi. The wifi connections don't show up only. if i'm sitting right next to my router then only it does while the other devices in the...
  4. Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor out of range: I use a dual monitor, one connected through HDMI with a 1920x1080 resolution and the other through a vga to displayport adapter, with a 1366x768 resolution.A few weeks back my adapter for the 2nd monitor stopped working so I bought a new one, the problem is that when I...
  5. Out of Range Problem

Out of Range Problem: Hello everyone,I have a problem that my desktop is showing me „out of range“. I already checked a few possibilities to solve the problem but every way concludes turning the PC into safe mode. But my problem is that my desktop shows me immediately out of range without even the...
  6. "Out of range" Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Out of range" Monitor: Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor LG 27MK60TM-B with my ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH55, the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers,...
  7. Out of Range error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Out of Range error: I recently installed Windows 10 to my computer previously running beautifully on Windows 7, since Microsoft support for Windows 7 is ending. My ASUS monitor is showing "Out of Range." I've started in safe mode numerous times, changed the display resolution, and attempted to...
  8. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four WiFi Windows 10 PCs being used at my home. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by my mobile phone and by my Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my PCs sometimes pick up the...
  9. Display out of range

Display out of range: I decided to change the resolution of my moniter which is normally 1280 by 1024 (that is the native resolution of my moniter) to 1600 by 1200 just for amusment. When it chagned, my moniter displayed a prompt saying "Out of Range". I expected this. When I changed it back to my...
  10. WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range: My problem is that my laptop won't disconnect from a WiFi network when out of range unless I actually click the disconnect button. For example, if I go to my friend's house (several blocks away) and open my laptop, it still appears to be connected, just with no internet (see...