Windows 10: WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks

Discus and support WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5120 with Intel Centrino + WiMax Wireless-N 6150 that has a touch button for turning on the WiFi card, but when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GamingEvolved, Aug 4, 2022.

1. WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5120 with Intel Centrino + WiMax Wireless-N 6150 that has a touch button for turning on the WiFi card, but when i press on this button nothing happens, I've also tried using fn + f8 wireless icon is also on f8 key and nothing occurs using that either. I've tried restarting, reinstalling the WiFi card through device manager, checking for new drivers, and switching airplane mode off and on. I can still connect over a wired internet connection.

:)

GamingEvolved, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

'Not connected' doesn't necessarily mean the WiFi adapter isn't working, just that you have not yet connected to an available network. If it is working then a list of available WiFi names should appear when you click on the WiFi icon on the taskbar which looks like this
    WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks [​IMG]
    when not connected.

If the list is empty then either the antenna is not connected to the WiFi adapter or the adapter isn't working. This may be a driver problem rather than hardware, so look in Device Manager for any yellow warnings. Also check that the WiFi adapter is not disable in Device Manager.

Bree, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Aug 4, 2022
  4. WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks

Why can I connect everything but this pc to my wifi network?

did you do the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands..... also ipconfig /flushdns as well.

also make sure the wifi networks list has been updated.

you may also try "safely removing hardware" and then re-install it.

remixedcat, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks

1. WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks - Similar Threads - WiFi Switch Hardware

2. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  3. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  4. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks: I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5120 with Intel Centrino + WiMax Wireless-N 6150 that has a touch button for turning on the WiFi card, but when i press on this button nothing happens, I've also tried using fn + f8 wireless icon is also on f8 key and nothing occurs using that...
  6. WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks

WiFi Switch Hardware will not do anything and I am unable to connect to WiFi networks: I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5120 with Intel Centrino + WiMax Wireless-N 6150 that has a touch button for turning on the WiFi card, but when i press on this button nothing happens, I've also tried using fn + f8 wireless icon is also on f8 key and nothing occurs using that...
  7. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  8. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  9. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

10. WiFi network is unable to connect

WiFi network is unable to connect: Havent been able to connect to my home wifi for about a week and a half. Computer will work with ethernet and phone hotspot. Ive tried all the basics and still nothing. Removing and adding wifi, soft reset, checked all firewalls and temporarily disabled everything. Open to...