Windows 10: wifi switches on and off

Discus and support wifi switches on and off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My wifi keeps turning off an on. In the event viewer this is what I'm seeing. I had a provider technician come out and spend 3 hours looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rivers2, Aug 15, 2020.

1. rivers2 Win User

wifi switches on and off

Hi

My wifi keeps turning off an on. In the event viewer this is what I'm seeing. I had a provider technician come out and spend 3 hours looking at the building connections and tried a bunch of other stuff and there isn't anything he can see that is any longer an issue. Can this be a windows update or defender issue? Please help!

Cheers

Carly

wifi switches on and off 41f921ff-3508-4a5f-abff-86ac0d9ec35c?upload=true.jpg

:)

rivers2, Aug 15, 2020
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Aug 15, 2020
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Aug 15, 2020
  4. wifi switches on and off

switching ON wifi

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If you have not yet tried this then you may run the network troubleshooter to check the status. You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further if you have a WiFi router then suggest you to reset the router to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

wifi switches on and off

1. wifi switches on and off - Similar Threads - wifi switches off

2. Wifi button in Windows 10 Settings has switched itself off and will not switch on again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi button in Windows 10 Settings has switched itself off and will not switch on again.: I have an HP Pavilion 24-XA All-In-One Desktop PC that was working fine but suddenly lost connexion to the internet while I was using it. When I checked Settings the Wifi button was switched to off, which I had not done manually. Although I can move the button to on the...
  3. Wifi button in Windows 10 Settings has switched itself off and will not switch on again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi button in Windows 10 Settings has switched itself off and will not switch on again.: I have an HP Pavilion 24-XA All-In-One Desktop PC that was working fine but suddenly lost connexion to the internet while I was using it. When I checked Settings the Wifi button was switched to off, which I had not done manually. Although I can move the button to on the...
  4. Wifi button in Windows 10 Settings has switched itself off and will not switch on again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Getting wifi radio is off hw switch for tablet

Getting wifi radio is off hw switch for tablet: Hello, 2 years back, I have bought AMD Elite Mobility tablet with Win 8.1 OS with all WiFi/Bluetooth capability. Tablet Name : Xolo WT10 tablet Recently, I have upgraded it to Win10 and since then i'm not able to enable the WiFi/Bluetooth capability on the tablet. I...
  6. ON/OFF SWITCHES

in Windows 10 Customization
    ON/OFF SWITCHES: When making settings, there are often "switches" in an oval shaped box. For example: - Automatically download updates is showing a clear background; the switch is in the L.H. side of the oval, and there is an 'off' at the side of the oval. Am I correct in assuming that this...
  7. HP Probook G2 450 WiFi adapter switches off immediately after switching on

HP Probook G2 450 WiFi adapter switches off immediately after switching on: Hi, My HP Probook G2 450 WiFi adapter switches off immediately after switching on. When Win 10 starts up, it starts up with the WiFi adapter off. This is indicated by the hardware switch on the computer itself, as well as in network settings. Clicking on the button in...
  8. WiFi will not switch on.

WiFi will not switch on.: Hi Friday updated win 10, also Firefox updated followed immediately by a Firefox won a iphone for £1 ignored that. 2 hrs later screen poped up screeming noise and could not remove/open etc. So switch off computer. Restarted computer and everything was working fine for an hour...
  9. wifi switched off not on

wifi switched off not on: Hello Dear sir Today my self installed newly window 10. in net work connections my pressed network reset button after that wifi is switch off never that on so pls give solution ....
  10. Wifi adapter auto switch off when trying to connect a wifi win 10

Wifi adapter auto switch off when trying to connect a wifi win 10: Hi, I am using win 10 and i am facing a problem with my pc's wifi, when i am trying to connect my pc with my mobile through hotsopt my pc wifi adepter goes disabled auto Thank 116670