Windows 10: Wifi switches to "Connected, No Internet" when running more than 1 app that uses the internet

Discus and support Wifi switches to "Connected, No Internet" when running more than 1 app that uses the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Very strange issue that I have managed to isolate. If I run a single app that uses the internet say, an online video game, the wifi has no issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chamoen, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Chamoen Win User

Wifi switches to "Connected, No Internet" when running more than 1 app that uses the internet

Very strange issue that I have managed to isolate.

If I run a single app that uses the internet say, an online video game, the wifi has no issues.

However, when I run a second app that uses the internet ie watch a youtube video in chrome, the internet disconnects, though the wifi remains connected.

If I run windows troubleshooter, it's claiming DNS is the issue.

Often, within 30 seconds the internet will start working again. If I manually disconnect and reconnect to the wifi, then it works again. Though if I resume running more than 1 app using the internet, it will disconnect again.

I reformatted and re-installed windows over the weekend, and also bought a new wifi device netgear ac1900 wifi usb. Issue also happens on a second windows laptop microsoft surface device.

Any suggestions?

:)

Chamoen, Mar 6, 2020
  2. michael Win User

Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

michael, Mar 6, 2020
  3. rob1618 Win User
    Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Wifi switches to "Connected, No Internet" when running more than 1 app that uses the internet

Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Wifi switches to "Connected, No Internet" when running more than 1 app that uses the internet

1. Wifi switches to "Connected, No Internet" when running more than 1 app that uses the internet - Similar Threads - Wifi switches Connected

2. internet connection wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection wifi: i used my laptop all day fine. When it's in sleep and i go back to it, it is trying to get me to connect with an open hotspot wifi. I have my own. I have never had this problem until one day I clicked on the xfinity wifi by mistake, i did not connect to it but now when i'm...
  3. Can’t connect to 1 particular wifi connection no internet, secured

Can’t connect to 1 particular wifi connection no internet, secured: I’ve been having trouble this past 2 weeks because the strongest wifi connection near my room can’t connect to internet it shows “no internet, secured”. The connection works fine on my 2 other devices iphone and ipad, and only gets like this on my Win10 laptop. I can connect...
  4. "WiFi connected but no Internet"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "WiFi connected but no Internet": My pixel 3a and my mom's iPhone was working perfectly fine in the morning, after I stopped using briefly it said "WiFi connected no internet". I tried restarting my router and phone multiple times and forgetting the network, setting my connection to unmetered. I also used...
  5. Wifi connected but no internet

Wifi connected but no internet: Yesterday I turned on my pc and it had no internet, normal at first for it to take a second to connect, so I walked away and got a drink or something and it still had no internet. It said "Connected, no Internet". I've already run the troubleshoot tool and it said that my IP...
  6. Internet connection wifi

Internet connection wifi: I usually use connection wifi from my house. Sunddenly it couldn't connect. Problems found from my laptop is the DNS Server isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-wifi/b655c13d-00f3-4293-90f4-26f620950a0f
  7. WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

WiFi Disables when connected to Internet: Windows 10 disables WiFi when connected to Ethernet on Dell Laptop. BIOS setting to power save WiFi disabled. No Dell WiFi software installed. I’ve figured this is a Windows 10 issue. Impossible to search on Google because the algorithm assumes I am looking for ways to ENABLE...
  8. Internet not connecting when switching on laptop

Internet not connecting when switching on laptop: So I had this problem with my old laptop too, but whenever I switch my laptop (Surface Pro) on, the internet connects but has the little yellow triangle to say there's no connection. It's an easy fix of just disconnecting and reconnecting, but it's super annoying and I would...
  9. Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet

Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet: Why does my wifi say that i'm connected to internet, and have an excellent connection, but wherever I get on chrome, the connection always times out?...
  10. Issues with ethernet connection - internet slower than on WiFi

Issues with ethernet connection - internet slower than on WiFi: I have a desktop pc in room 1 which up until now has been connecting fine to the internet via WiFi from the router (DrayTek Vigor2710ne) in room 2. I was getting acceptable speeds using WiFi but in an effort to see if I could get a faster connection I decided to run an...