Windows 10: Wifi tab in settings disappeared

Discus and support Wifi tab in settings disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi has disappeared from the network and internet settings on my laptop. It is also not picking up on any available networks around. I have windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelissaC6, Sep 6, 2020.

1. MelissaC6 Win User

Wifi tab in settings disappeared

My wifi has disappeared from the network and internet settings on my laptop. It is also not picking up on any available networks around. I have windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I do not have access to ethernet.Wifi tab in settings disappeared [​IMG]Wifi tab in settings disappeared [​IMG]

:)

MelissaC6, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Ramkey72 Win User

Wifi setting tab missing!

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this? I just got this same problem when I noticed I could not print using my wifi printer. All other devices at home are able to connect to my wireless router but my PC will not! I have the same issue with the wifi tab disappearing.

It's driving me nuts! I tried the other verification steps but still cannot find wifi. Any fix for this?

Arvind

Ramkey72, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Cryptyx Win User
    WiFi tab is missing in settings

I initially had trouble connecting to a wifi network, so I went into the network adapter settings and clicked on diagnose and Windows suggested resetting the adapter settings back to its default settings, so I let it do that. Once that was done and I restarted
    my computer, the wifi tab disappeared from the settings tab as well as from the network settings in the taskbar.

Wifi tab in settings disappeared 8459877b-87c8-49cb-b512-7b6ab5fe42d8.jpg

Wifi tab in settings disappeared a127be24-0824-44df-ba41-6aacf7fafd1f.jpg

I have already updated my drivers to the latest version and the problem still persists.

Cryptyx, Sep 6, 2020
  4. MikizYen Win User

DISAPPEARED WIFI SETTINGS, TABS & ICONS

I was using WiFi on my laptop, everything was fine until WiFi icon disappeared and was greeted by a red X at the bottom tray. When I open it only shows
    Airplane mode option. without WiFi option/icon. WiFi tabs and settings also disappeared in the settings. It happened as it performed a windows 10 regular updates. In
    Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections the WiFi adapter was greyed out(Disabled) but could not enable...It just said "enabled" but still remained disabled. Ever since I have spent 8+ hours on the
    internet trying to look for solutions without success. I have tried restarting & reinstalling Drivers in device manager, Updating them, Rolling back to previous drivers, uninstalling the windows updates, using troubleshooter, using cmd reset network config,
    starting WLAN auto config in services, deactivating power management to auto turn off adapter, all followed by hundreds of reboots in between.

The WiFi network adapter has since disappeared in
    Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections (after the reinstall) but it is still there in Device Manager. The Wlan adapter is
    Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter . I could not find a System Restore that I had created earlier so I don't have a restore point. ( It deleted itself?)

This issue has never happened before and I have been using the laptop Wifi for about 2 years. Now the laptop is now like one without a WiFi card.

I'm using a HP Pavilion 15, Windows 10 Pro ,AMD Quad 7410, Radeon R5

Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you.

MikizYen, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi tab in settings disappeared - Similar Threads - Wifi tab settings

2. Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly: I am using ASUS TUF Gaming A15 series laptop. Recently I am facing issues related to the wifi driver. The system works perfectly after I connect to a wifi network. But then suddenly and randomly the wifi setting disappears and even the driver is not visible in Device Manager....
  3. Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly: I am using ASUS TUF Gaming A15 series laptop. Recently I am facing issues related to the wifi driver. The system works perfectly after I connect to a wifi network. But then suddenly and randomly the wifi setting disappears and even the driver is not visible in Device Manager....
  4. How to show wifi settings when they disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show wifi settings when they disappeared?: Wifi settings completely disappeared from my laptop. I see under network & internet settings no mention of wifi whatsoever. I attempted to run the internet connections troubleshooter and it asked me to plug in an Ethernet cable to start. My laptop has never used Ethernet and...
  5. Disappearing tabs on Chrome.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing tabs on Chrome.: Yesterday and today, I've noticed that occasionally, the last couple of tabs on Chrome disappear, then reappear when I open a new tab. What do I do about it?
  6. WiFi option disappeared from the settings overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi option disappeared from the settings overnight: I switched on my laptop in the morning and I realized the WiFi is not connected, so I thought that maybe the WiFi disconnected itself. I went to the WiFi icon and it just says "Change settings, such as making a connection metered." and so I went to the settings, but I...
  7. Wifi tab has disappeared after my PC crashed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi tab has disappeared after my PC crashed: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr-Minotaur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eidnqg/wifi_tab_has_disappeared_after_my_pc_crashed/
  8. Tabs disappear

Tabs disappear: Why can't I have more than one tab open? When I try to open another tab--it exits out of everything & I must start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-disappear/92ec7306-2135-427a-a15b-1f0e5ca220eb
  9. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...
  10. No WiFi tab

No WiFi tab: Hi I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. It went very smoothly but when I tried to go to the WiFi tab in SETTINGS/ NETWORK AND INTERNET (so I can turn WiFi Sense off) it isn't there. It's missing. I'm online with no problem but I can't access the WiFi tab. Any help...