Windows 10: WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network crashes

Discus and support WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network crashes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated to windows 10, after which my WiFi is not working... Before update it was working just fine. Now when I try to connect to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gyanendra Banjare, Sep 4, 2018.

1. WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network crashes

I recently updated to windows 10, after which my WiFi is not working...

Before update it was working just fine. Now when I try to connect to a network, it says connecting, then the network and sharing centre just hangs. #Image_2 it shows this even if i remove usb wifi adapter. I tried uninstalling drivers and updating them, but no use. I even tried disabling firewall..

Please help.

WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network  crashes [​IMG] WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network  crashes e3c73fba-d677-46a7-bd37-e4cfb2730925?upload=true.jpg

:)

Gyanendra Banjare, Sep 4, 2018
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Sep 4, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network crashes

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network crashes

1. WiFi takes forever to connect, then Network crashes - Similar Threads - WiFi takes forever

2. Applications requiring internet connection taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications requiring internet connection taking forever to load: Recently, applications requiring internet connection to work have been taking longer to open and function such as discord, steam and Microsoft store. However, loading webpages vary with some loading instantly, some taking a while to load and others not wanting to load at...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  7. 5 ghz network takes forever to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5 ghz network takes forever to connect: my 2.4 ghz connection would connect instantly when i boot my computer... but it takes about 5 minutes for windows to connect to my 5ghz connection... whats causing it? i checked and the 5ghz connection doesnt show up on the list of wireless connections for the first five...
  8. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...