Windows 10: Wifi taskbar button lag.

Discus and support Wifi taskbar button lag. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use windows 10. When I want to turn it on through the taskbar wifi button there is no lag. When I however click the wifi icon in the taskbar to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by inuraichi, Mar 6, 2021.

1. inuraichi Win User

Wifi taskbar button lag.

I use windows 10.

When I want to turn it on through the taskbar wifi button there is no lag.

When I however click the wifi icon in the taskbar to open up the network list and proceed to click the wifi button to turn it OFF there is a lag, and even more bizarre is it pretends like I did not click it at all. I have to click it a second time in order to shut it off.

I end up hitting the "network settings" option above the button and manually selecting the wifi option and clicking the little on/off switch in that menu because that's faster than waiting for the lag or out of frustration click it 3 times instead of twice making it turn off and back on again.

I would like to know what is causing this lag.

:)

inuraichi, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Frequent and regular lag spikes on Wifi

Thank you for the clarification.

There are a lot of possible causes for this matter. One possible cause is with your
    Networking Hardware. However, we need to make sure that it is the case.
    We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting and check
    if there's any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this
      command:

• netsh
        int
        ip
        reset and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your
    WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of
    WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name (WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.
    Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button
    and go to
    Power Management
    tab.
    Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save
    power". And then,
    Restart the PC (Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following
      commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

If the issue still persists, kindly contact your
    computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Wifi taskbar button lag.

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Wifi taskbar button lag.

1. Wifi taskbar button lag. - Similar Threads - Wifi taskbar button

2. No WiFi Button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi Button: So here's the thing. My Wi-Fi stops working abruptly. Whenever my device goes to sleep for a good period, when I wake it, my Wi-Fi disappears. I try restarting, it doesn't help. I also try network reset and have done so several times. It worked the verry first time the issue...
  3. No wifi button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi button: I can't connect my laptop to wifi as there is no wifi button after I did a factory reset. I looked in the Device Manager's Network Adapters and there doesn't seem to be a 'wireless card driver' as far as I can tell. All I see there is: Realtek PCle FE Family Controller and...
  4. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  5. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  6. window lag/cursor lag/taskbar lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window lag/cursor lag/taskbar lag: https://youtu.be/tWuBtNr3wO4im having this issue on windows 10 where whenever i move the windows around or pull up the task bar its really stutter and another problem i could not show on the video is sometimes when moving my cursor over a button such as the browser bookmarks...
  7. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons: I have a lot of applications pinned to my taskbar. I don't want to unpin all of them. When I was setting up my pc I accidentally changed the setting of my applications in my taskbar. Only the applications I had open were showing. I took it off so now all of them are showing...
  8. Wifi lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi lag: Hello, So recently, I've noticed something on my computer ; my wifi is unstable. I can assure the problem comes from my laptop after many tests. Here is my problem : My wifi goes from 50mb/s usage for example, checked on task manager to 0 during 5-10 seconds which actually...
  9. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons: Since the 1903 update, when I hover the cursor over a taskbar button I no longer get a thumbnail preview. How do I get the thumbnail back? Thank you 135496
  10. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar buttons: Since the 1903 update, when I hover the cursor over a taskbar button I no longer get a thumbnail preview. How do I get the thumbnail back? Thank you 135496